Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About a mothers age and others (Not the cafemom age limit)

Posted by   + Show Post
Am I the only one, 100% fucking SICK of mothers in young mothers groups completely trash talking OTHER young mothers for being young?

It's reallyyyy starting to piss me off.  I'm VERY close to quitting the young mothers group, because there's no god damn RIGHT age to have a kid.

by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 10:07 PM
Replies (11-15):
LoriaAnn
by on Jul. 6, 2008 at 4:19 PM

i agree...i was 15 when i got pregnant and my son was born 28 days after i turned 16 (that was some sweet 16, let me tell ya!)...anyways, i graduate high school with honors, i graduated college with honors, i bought my own home, my son has never wanted for anything, my son is always on the honor roll at school and tests out in the top quartile in everything (the top 10% in math, which he so didnt get from me!)....and i have heard nothing but praise from his teachers and daycare providers about how wonderful of a little boy he is......
to make a long story short, i was young as hell when i had him, but i still believe i have done a damn good job if i do say so myself!

ncim123
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2008 at 10:08 AM

I am 42 yrs. old. I had my first child at 17 and the other at 20.
My eldest child is a mechanical Engineer working designing weapons for the military and law enforcement. My youngest is a Graphic designer that can build any computer you want.

My husband and I neither one went to college and we busted our ass to get where we are. We bought both kids their first cars, put them through college.

SO...all the older moms out there that says you shouldn't have kids young, need to understand that it depends on the individual,  not neccessarily the age.  Do I think having a baby at 17 was smart...no. but it turned out fine because of who I am and my beliefs and morals. So people shouldn't be so
quick to judge the "situation" without knowing all the details.

Love and Peace! Traci
Aidens_mom419
by on Jul. 9, 2008 at 10:28 AM
i agree its ridiculous. i was 19 when i got pregnant and 20 when i had Aiden. My mom was 16 when she had my sister. my sister Miriah had a baby when she was 15 but she had to put her up for adoption and my sister Sydney had a baby when she was 17. Oh, and my sister Hali is 18 and  pregnant.
LilMama313
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM
I was 14 when I got pregnant with my oldest son and 15 when I had him. I was 18 when I got pregnant with my second and 19 when I had him. I have graduated highschool and currently enrolled in College. Ihave also supported myself since I was 14 and pregnant...

So yes when people talk about young moms and how horrible they are it absolutly pisses me off. I do not think your age should matter in how good of a mother you are. I do think that having children at such a young age as I takes away from a child being able to be a child and teenager, but then again it also makes a mother that much stronger because of everything she has to go thru. My hands off to any MOTHER that is a good mother...

KimberlyMonique
by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 2:00 AM
I don't think anyone should be bashing teen mothers, because what is done is done. I don't think they should be bashing your mothers because at least they waited until they got out of high school. But what I do HATE is when I see teen mothers promoting it like it is the most wonderful life to live and basically encourage teens to get pregnant. Of course all teen mothers aren't bad mothers but I teen pregnancy is not cool. YES a baby is a blessing but IMO I think if it as all possible that women should at least plan to have children after 18 if possible. Accidents happen and I can't complain that teen moms didn't get an abortion, because I am happy they didn't but I don't think they should have planned that pregnancy or another one until they can emotional and financially afford it.
Ever wonder what and what not to say to a mother who has suffered a miscarriage, still birth, or the death of a child??? Click here to find out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN