Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

War?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 12:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

Poll

Question: Do you agree with the war in Iraq?

Options:

Yes

I used to, but not anymore

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

I was just wondering everyones take on the war...I know it can be a VERY touchy subject, but what better place to get opinions?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Married for 2 years baby!
Daisypath Ticker

by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KayleesMom67
by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 12:33 PM
I think in the begining everyone was led to believe a lot of untrue stuff, and so everyone kind of backed Bush, now I think that too many young people are dying and nothing is being done. If they want to live like savages then let them, why do we have to save them? I think America does waaayyyyy too much for other countries and not enough for our own. We will pay for immigrants to come here and go to school, but I was born and raised here and cant get financial aid?

Daisypath Ticker

JillianSkyeP
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 1:02 PM
Our government  is very corrupt.  Our tool of a president and his merry band of idiots are screwing so many United states citizens it's not even funny.  Before Bush came into office we had a deficit, now we are 400 billion in the hole. 

Bush has the lowest approval rating of 53 precent... This is lower then Nixion back in the 70's. 

We are at war, in a country we don't belong.  I support the troops of course but this is a war they don't need to be in.
xraz0rs3xxx
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 9:39 PM
I'm against it.  I've had multiple friends go off and one died, and just from the way they explained it to me, it just seems so pointless.

I won't pretend to be an all knowing person, though.  I only know what they've told me.  But I think in my heart I'll always be against it because those are my friends getting hurt.  :(

mom2LandL
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 11:07 PM
My hubby was there twice and the first time he felt he was doing something good.  The second time all he felt like he was doing was providing weapons to the terrorists.  I hate what this war is doing to families, soldiers, and our country.  I feel like everyone is so divided. 
KayleesMom67
by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 8:47 AM
Wow that wasn't controversial at all! It kind of seems like we all have the same basic opinion about this!

Daisypath Ticker

tolazytocare
by Member on Aug. 29, 2007 at 12:20 PM
I respect other peoples views, and I feel for the soldiers and their families... But I feel that this is one of the worst descions ever made by the American government. This war is built on lies and arrogance. It makes me sick that bush was even elected, it shows the flaws of the electoral college (vs. a more direct democracy in the case of important elections) and the two party system as a whole. Not to mention the fact that the ass hole sunk 2 major (sucessful) oil companies into the ground, that sounds like a fantastic leader? You can't handle daddy's established business, let's give you a country to run... At any rate the fact that our president is a pious, uneducated, biggot isn't really the matter at hand. Thousands of good people on both sides are dying based on false pretenses and all of the hatred that our ignorance has bread. GIVEN there are major issues with foreign terrorism and as a world power we stand in the range of danger, this was obviously a poor way of handeling it. We are now in the middle of a war and will be for a long time. This administration leaves behind a huge ass mess for the next to clean up. 2 billion dollars a week is currently being budgeted for this war. 2BILLION! That and the fact that there is no resolution being met, and no right way to end what we've started. It makes me sick to think about but I could go on for hours as to why I don't support the war. HOWEVER please don't take this the wrong way, I do support our troops, and I feel horrible that they are over there suffering. I have many friends that have lost either their lives or their hearts to the middle east and it kills me to think about. Many people think that all anti-war Americans are anti-patriotic scum that hate our troops. That is not true at all (although I'm sure SOME are). I think patriotism is about caring about your country and wanting to make it a better place, not sitting back and blindly supporting every fucked up descision they make for you, that's just ignorance.
milimama
by on Apr. 8, 2008 at 6:34 PM
I'm a soldiers wife. the war is dumb and has been from the beginning. What a waste of human life and American money. A neighbor and a college friend were killed in action and I will NEVER forgive those who sent them into battle while their own children stayed in Ivy League schools. Why don't Jenna and Barb enlist?
calilove12
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM
Hi everyone (new to the group :-)
My husband is in the military and he enlisted prior to 9/11.  We are completely against this illegal war for Bush.  Im amazed that he has not been impeached for all his lies. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)