Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gay Relationships???

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 12:10 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 669 Total Views
So the new topic everyone is talking about is gay marriage and whether gays should be able to raise children (I cant believe its even a question but apparently it is so lets talk about it)

Do you think gay is wrong and why or why not?
Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way?
Do you think gays should be able to marry and why or why not?
and lastly,
Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not?
Cant wait to hear your opinions!!!

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Glitter Text Generator

left   left

left

left

left

http://www.cafemom.com/group/controversialconversations Group Owner

by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momsince05
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 12:22 PM
Do you think gay is wrong and why or why not? I don't think it is wrong. Everyone deserves to be happy.
Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way? I don't know. I'm not gay so I can't answer that.
Do you think gays should be able to marry and why or why not? yes they should... like I said everyone should be happy.
and lastly,
Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not? I think yes, they're parental rights shouldn't dissappear just because of who they love. but I do think they should be well prepared to teach their child how society is going to behave.

marshallsmomma
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 12:30 PM

-well, since i grew up in an orthodox christian home, i grew up believing that being gay is against god's will... i personally dont really have a problem with it unless they are making out in front of me... i know gay people and i am friends with them - it is their lifestyle, their choice...

Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way?

-honestly - people say you're born that way but i cant really see that - i dont think God would create someone to go against what he stands for you know?? then again there are cases where boys are born with feminine genes which make them feel more like a girl than a boy, and THAT i can understand. but to me, the fact that most gay people had some kind of issues as children regarding child abuse or molestation and the fact that they have linked that to homosexual behavior outweighs the "i was born gay" to me (and i said SOME, not ALL - just to clarify)

-to tell you the truth, in this nation, if a woman can choose to abort her unborn child, i think that the nation should be "fair" and let gays marry... if we are going to do one, i think we should do the other.

-eh im iffy about this one - i dont think having two dads, especially if one is super feminine, is a good role model especially for a young child.... i mean i know that i (as well as a lot of other mothers) wouldnt want their kids watching two guys making out or even holding hands or showing any kind of affection towards eachother - so how would that be ok to watch all the time in your home....? just my opinion....
kloesmommy
by Group Owner on Aug. 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM
Wow I posted the questions but didnt answer them, sorry here are my answers.

Do you think gay is wrong and why or why not? absolutely not... hell like 30 years ago people thought interracial relationships were wrong but that has since subsided...(for the most part)  I think who you love is who you love and you should love with all you have.
Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way? NO WAY. who would CHOOSE to have a life full of ridicule and hate... being gay has to be one of the hardest lifestyles to live and yet so many do...
Do you think gays should be able to marry and why or why not? YEP... I dont think the government has any business what so ever mandating who can marry because the seperation of church and state is thrown out when the president who lives by the bible decides against gay marriage...
and lastly,
Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not? Yes. my aunt is a lesbian and her and her partner raised her partners son and he is a great guy... He is my age (about 21) he is a full time college student majoring in engineering, he will graduate this year with his bachelors, he is engaged to his high school sweetheart, they will be purchasing a house right after their wedding...get what I am saying? He was raised by a couple of lesbians and turned out better than half of the population that was raised by straight parents or single parent homes... all kids need is to be loved and as long as the couple will love their child with all they have thean thats all that matters.

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Glitter Text Generator

left   left

left

left

left

http://www.cafemom.com/group/controversialconversations Group Owner

BranBran
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2007 at 9:15 AM
Most def. not. My best friend is a lesbian and she is the best person you will meet. My soon to be sister in law as well. I don't think its wrong to love who you love or to have sex with who you want to have sex with. 

Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way? I think people are born that way. Who would choose a more difficult life just because. That makes no sense to me anyway.

Yes, they should. They should have all the rights of any other couple.

and lastly,
Alot of gay people are the most kind people i've met. Who is to say that because they are gay they shouldnt be able to adopt or have children. That to me is ridiculous. Why would anyone want to stop loving people from adopting children when there are so many that need to be. And just because someone is gay, doesnt mean they make gay children or raise their children to be gay. They raise their children to love everyone regardless of any of that trivial mess.

KayleesMom67
by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 9:22 AM
Do you think gay is wrong and why or why not? I don't really know how to answer that one lol
Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way? choice
Do you think gays should be able to marry and why or why not? to each his own
and lastly,
Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not? I don't see why not, I mean there are far worse parents than gay ones!

My sister in law is gay, and her "partner" has a child, a boy. I think he has a great life, but you can tell he has problems with it. He goes to a christian academy, and you know his friends ask questions. As far as my child, she is not allowed to stay the night there because she would have to sleep in the bed with them, and I just don't agree with that. Also, I wonder how I am going to explain things when Kaylee starts asking questions. I told my husband that he has to answer them because its his family, but we all know how that works lol!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Married for 2 years baby!
Daisypath Ticker

xraz0rs3xxx
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:45 AM
Do you think gay is wrong and why or why not?  Nope, I'm bi-sexual.  Enough said?  lol
Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way?  I do think we're born that way, because whether it grosses everyone out or not, I and all of my family remember me saying I 'liked' girls since kindergarden, and I always looked at them the same as boys, and this was before I had ever been abused in any way.
Do you think gays should be able to marry and why or why not?  Of course.  We don't live in America to have freedom of choice taken from us.  :(  Maybe they shouldn't have 'religious' marriages, because yes fact is, it's against the bible, so it would be unholy and I don't neccessarily blame religious people for being against it.  But I definately think they have a right to be joined spiritually and legally.  Maybe just an athiest wedding?
xraz0rs3xxx
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:46 AM
Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not?  Yep.  Gay people who actually have children are usually amazing parents.  They go through too much to get a child, to be a bad parent.  If anything they'll teach their children to be open minded, and that's NEVER a bad thing.

By the way, being the only one who has responded that is technically 'gay' I guess.  For the women who said 'Why would they choose to make more life more difficult?' thank you, and for the ladies who said it's a choice, I spent years being torchered at school and I would have done ANYTHING to stop feeling the way I did.  I didn't prance the fact around, someone I thought I could trust spread it.  I've accepted myself the way I am, in no way did I choose that kind of torment.  No one would.  And not to bug you guys out, but you can't just 'choose' to be attracted to the same sex, because I'm sure even if you guys tried you couldn't get turned on by another woman.
xraz0rs3xxx
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 3:01 AM
By the way, that wasn't meant to be arguementive at all, it was just something for you guys to think about if you were willing.  If not, it's fine.

KayleesMom67
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 8:59 AM

Quoting xraz0rs3xxx:

Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not?  Yep.  Gay people who actually have children are usually amazing parents.  They go through too much to get a child, to be a bad parent.  If anything they'll teach their children to be open minded, and that's NEVER a bad thing.

By the way, being the only one who has responded that is technically 'gay' I guess.  For the women who said 'Why would they choose to make more life more difficult?' thank you, and for the ladies who said it's a choice, I spent years being torchered at school and I would have done ANYTHING to stop feeling the way I did.  I didn't prance the fact around, someone I thought I could trust spread it.  I've accepted myself the way I am, in no way did I choose that kind of torment.  No one would.  And not to bug you guys out, but you can't just 'choose' to be attracted to the same sex, because I'm sure even if you guys tried you couldn't get turned on by another woman.
Yea, I totally understand your point of view. You make a good point, you can't really MAKE yourself be attracted to someone. I guess I never really thought about it like that. Like I said, its not for me and my house, but to each his own. Everybody deserves to be happy no matter who or how lol.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Married for 2 years baby!
Daisypath Ticker

xraz0rs3xxx
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Quoting KayleesMom67:
Yea, I totally understand your point of view. You make a good point, you can't really MAKE yourself be attracted to someone. I guess I never really thought about it like that. Like I said, its not for me and my house, but to each his own. Everybody deserves to be happy no matter who or how lol.
lol, that's ok.  I'm all for choice.  Just thought I'd throw that out there, because people say we choose but I don't think straight people choose to be straight.  To me, since I dig both, I say for example to myself 'I can't get turned on by trannys if I try so I can't be turned on by women if that's not just how I am.'  Ew..  trannys, lol.  Everyone's different XD it's just a matter of who is ashamed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)