Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So the new topic everyone is talking about is gay marriage and whether gays should be able to raise children (I cant believe its even a question but apparently it is so lets talk about it)

Do you think gay is wrong and why or why not?
Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way?
Do you think gays should be able to marry and why or why not?
and lastly,
Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not?
Cant wait to hear your opinions!!!

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Glitter Text Generator

left   left

left

left

left

http://www.cafemom.com/group/controversialconversations Group Owner

by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 12:10 PM
Replies (21-28):
nikkiap4
by on May. 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM
well, those are your opinions and those are mine. sorry you feel that way.
godgod
fauver2204
by on May. 16, 2008 at 10:18 AM
I'm not sorry...but uh thanks i guess

seakla
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 9:55 AM
--it is not wrong, it is jsut a lifestlye choice and hurts no one

--I think it is a little of both.  I don't see why it has to be either or.  Religion as well is a little of both.  Something can happen to make you choose to find something different.  I have a cousin who is gay because she was molested as a youth.  She firmly believes her mistrust of men is why she is gay.  Since she doesn't trust men and what happened to her, she has never voluntarily slept with a male.

--yes,and they should have the same rights as well. 

and lastly,

--why shouldn't they?  We know from news that being a heterosexual couple does NOT make you a perfect parent.  IF it was so, there'd be no abuse or murder or molestation cases.  There is no proof that a gay couple will be bad parents.  And, they should be allowed to work with children.  Being gay doesn't mean sexual deviant and they will not "pass on" their gayness to our children.  A teacher should NEVER discuss sexuality in front of children unless in a sex ed class with approved curriculum.  So just because you're gay doesn't mean you are going to talk about your sex life to my kids, and if you are not gay you shouldn't talk about your sex life either.  There are gay molestors, sure, but there are also straight molestors.  So no gender preference group is all bad or all good.

seakla
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Quote:

-well, since i grew up in an orthodox christian home, i grew up believing that being gay is against god's will... i personally dont really have a problem with it unless they are making out in front of me... i know gay people and i am friends with them - it is their lifestyle, their choice...
So its okay if a straight couple makes out in front of you?

Not being mean or sarcastic, just pointing out that no one should make out in front of anyone, its rude and inconsiderate in my opinion...gay or straight. :-)

KimberlyMonique
by on Jul. 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Do you think gay is wrong and why or why not?NO, I don't care who people choose to have sex with.
Do you think being gay is a choice or are you born that way? Both. I think it can be either or. I think some people are born being attracted to the opposite sex, and I think others choose it.
Do you think gays should be able to marry and why or why not?NO, I think marriage should stay between a man and a woman.
and lastly,
Should gays be able to raises children and why or why not? Sure if they had one before they came out of the closet. As far as adoption, no.
crowder-1
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2008 at 6:01 PM
I personaly agree with most others on this page but I want to say thanks to nikki for giving your true opinion that is different than most people's in this group. That helps make this group what it is trying to be.

I do not think it is wrong who makes up who is right or wrong. What about a person in the middle of nowhere that has never heard of or read the bible, that is having a relationship with someone of the same sex. Are they wrong? They are not hurting anyone.

I have no idea. I studied psychology in college and there is so much we have to learn about why people choose or do not choose the things they do. If I had to say I would say both. I am not gay but I think girls are very sexy.

It depends on how you define marry. In a christian union no, but why not in their own union recognized legally. It may take somefighting for which is very sad. (Reminds me of the Citadel story or the guy who wanted to work at hooters. There is a proper place for everyone those places were founded on a certain criteria, to be a male soldier, or a girl with hooters, if you try and change that then it isn't what it is anymore. Make an all female Citadel or a resturaunt called "Dicks")

Why should't they be able to raise kids. If you are thinking they can't b/c they would't make a good role model then who is to say that what we do as straight parents is always great for rolemodeling. The other argument is that they need both genders involved to show them a well rounded way of life but what about the single parents. I think anyone can do whatever they set their minds to.
cowgirlpoet
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 4:40 PM

I think it is wrong, I don't agree with it but I respect it

I think it is a choice, excluding the people who are born with disorders

I think they can do whatever they want, as long as they are not flashing their private life in my face, just like any other heterosexual couple should

and lastly,

yes most definitely children are a blessing

corinne3233
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Hi! I'm new here, just joined today.  Thanks for having me.

I do not think that gay is wrong.  Love is love, sex is sex, and it's nobody's business as long as the people involved are consenting adults.

I think people are born with their sexual orientation.  All my gay/lesbian friends say they have always been that way, even as children.  I think women are beautiful and experimented when i was younger, but  I can't help but ultimately be completely attracted to men.  I didn't choose to be heterosexual, so why in the world would I think it's different for anyone else?

I absolutely think gays should be able to marry.  Like my first answer, love is love, sex is sex, and it's nobody's business! lol.  gays being able to marry is NOT going to hurt anyone (other than make some anti-gays uncomfortable, but suck it up!)

I absolutely think they should be able to raise children.  They are just as capable of loving a child unconditionally as straight people.  And likewise, they are just as capable of completely fucking up their children as straight people are. 

My uncle helped raise me.   I credit him for teaching me to be the person I am, and I think for the most part I am a good person, although I have my faults.  Anyway, my uncle just came out of the closet earlier this month, and he is 48.  He has spent his whole life living a lie for fear of what people would think of or do to him.  I think people like my uncle deserve to be every bit as happy as straight people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)