Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The worst thing happening in the world.

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 10:55 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 260 Total Views
I'm just curious... There are a lot of things going on in the world today that really push my buttons. My sympathy is stretched to the limit and each day there is a new crisis to resolve. My question is what do you think the worst thing going on world wide is right now? The conflicts in Darfur? the Congo? Iraq? London? Spain? Mexico? Something here at home or somewhwere completely different? What and why? I think as parents it is important to stay on top of what is going on in the world and what we can do to improve it. Whithin our own homes and across the globe... what do you think?
by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LilMama313
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2007 at 9:39 AM
Honestly to me I know what happens in forgein countries should matter to me, but on an immediate concern they dont. I believe the worst thing that could or is happening is our counrty period. We are so hell bent on helping hnger and homeless in other countries when over 15% of our nation is unemployeed and another 13% is homeless. I think our country should focus some of their attention on trying to recitify our problems as a nation before trying to solve others probelms.

For who are we to sit there and tell someone else their life style is not the right way to live? Yes we are 'the richest' country in the world and yet we have more debt then any other country. How is this possible?

As well I fully support the troops overseas, I have many friends and family fighting in this war, but at the same time I believe our goverment has lost sight as to why we went over there in the first place. Can they honestly say that they are still their for the same reason we went over there over 4 years ago? No they cant.... They need to regonize that our country has more problems of its own and start dealing with those first and foremost...

Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

~*~Lil Mama~*~

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

KayleesMom67
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 12:51 PM
I totally agree, I think that if we aren't careful we will become like those other countries. As selfish as it sounds, I am more worried about the world my daughter is growing up in. All of our soldiers are overseas dying for a cause that we aren't even sure about now, what if something major happens? Are we gonna have to have another draft like in history? They say history tends to repeat itself, I think maybe we are getting too comfortable. We are gonna keep picking on these other countries, and they are gonna band together against us! Leave them alone. If they choose to live a horrible lifestyle, its their business. If they were really that unhappy with their environment, they would all form their own little army and overthrow the government.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

milimama
by on Apr. 8, 2008 at 6:32 PM
Child poverty, child slavery and child sexual abuse. You can judge a society by how it treats it's children and it's elderly. How can someone own eight homes and let children starve?
muslimah
by on Apr. 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM
israel and zionism. The unrecognised 60 year holocaust and ethnic cleansing that is funded with YOUR tax dollars.

(Click to Join The Right To Be Human In Palestine

&

Free Palestine, End The Occupation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)