Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Sections..necessary?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 435 Total Views

vbacmama

vbacmama Sep. 6, 2007 at 8:37 AM

In my opinion, if there is time to discuss other options, or time to start an epidural or spinal, or time to "wait" for a spot in the OR, etc... then no, it's not a true emergency. AND I believe that quite a few of the c-sections are MADE necessary by the doctor and his/her interventions. I still consider those "necessary" sections to be unnecessary. If you were induced and needed a c-section, it was unnecessary. If your water was broken, it was an unnecessary section. If you were drugged and laying in a bed and baby was in a "bad" position, it was an unnecessary section.  etc, etc, etc.

okay...I would just like to say...WTF? I responded to this journal post asking her what she though a woman should do if a c-section is necessary. Am I the only one who thinks that c-sections ARE necessary sometimes? (even if they aren't...to each his own) but come on, people used to die all the time during childbirth. Why put yourself and your child at risk just so that you can say you had a natural childbirth?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ND_mommy
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:44 PM
i agree with you! i think that c-sections are necessary at times. if a woman just wants the baby out, so opts for a c-section, i don't agree with that. but i a woman has been in labor for quite a while, and it's not progressing, induction or not, a c-section should be done! a baby can only survive so long after your water breaks!

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

KayleesMom67
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:45 PM
okay nevermind I am beginning to think this chick is crazy! She also wrote a journal post to her scar....and said that it represents all that is wrong with childbirth...umm okay? And also, c-sections are a horribly violent and bloody way to enter the world? Anyone else think that?

Alisha88
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:45 PM
I think that they are necessary in manycircumstances, but also believe that they are done much more often than they should be.
mom2LandL
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:47 PM
Ummm, I had a c-section at my doctor's request because my baby was measuring really big.  It was scheduled within 3 days, was that unnecessary?
KayleesMom67
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:51 PM

Quoting mom2LandL:

Ummm, I had a c-section at my doctor's request because my baby was measuring really big.  It was scheduled within 3 days, was that unnecessary?

according to me ...NO! But according to this chick, they are all unnecessary. You know what I think...I think that putting your life and your childs life in danger is unnecessary. I had a c-section too. It doesn't make me any less of a mother, and I am not ashamed of it. I wanted a natural childbirth, but it didn't happen. I think that this woman has to be nuts to think that c-sections are unnecessary, and that my daughter had a violent horrible birth.

ND_mommy
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Quoting mom2LandL:

NO!! totally necessary. this woman must be on drugs. i know that if my baby was measuring big, i would want a c-section too! doctors don't mention it until they think it's necessary, and they know necessity more than we do!

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

KayleesMom67
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 3:08 PM
Right...hmm....lets see...should you have had a scheduled c-section that would protect you and your baby...or get cut from one hole to another and possibly STILL not be able to give birth naturally?

mom2LandL
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Just to clarify i have had one of each.  natural vaginal and a c-section.  I would choose natual anyday but did the c-section for the sake of my son.  I don't agree with people just scheduling them to get out of labor though and I think any, well IMO, woman who has had both would tell you which is easier on her.  But to each her own and for the safety of our children I think we will all do what is NECESSARY.
kloesmommy
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2007 at 5:09 PM
Good thing I have been offline for like a week cause I would have given her an earload. I had a c-section for absolutely no medical reasons. Its called "perennial Preservation" and it is basically an elective c-section because the woman has chosen to give birth that day and preserve her "happy places" So what , its my baby, my body and I would not have changed one single thing about it. I understand a lot of people dont agree with that but they need to keep their damn opinions to themselves. I dont run around saying "oh you gave birth vaginally so your snatch must be big and disgusting" (which is absoulutely do not think by the way, just exxagerating a bit) I'm so over peoples opinions on this subject what the hell does it matter that someone else gave birth a way that that made you happy and your baby healthy? WhO FUCKING CARES!!!

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Glitter Text Generator

left   left

left

left

left

http://www.cafemom.com/group/controversialconversations Group Owner

mommy2isabella
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 10:03 PM
I had a c-section. I had no choice. I was induced and my cervix would not dilate past 2 cm no matter what they did. My water was broken so after 8 hours I signed for a c-section. My daughter is loved just as much as any child brought into the world naturally. My scar is not ugly at all. My husband says he likes that I had a c-section. But a lot of moms give me shit about having a c-section and I say oh well, I had stiches in my stomach but you got stiches in your you know what.....so what's the difference? Either way, the baby needs help coming into the world!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Brittiany, Isabella and Erik

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN