Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vbacmama

vbacmama Sep. 6, 2007 at 8:37 AM

In my opinion, if there is time to discuss other options, or time to start an epidural or spinal, or time to "wait" for a spot in the OR, etc... then no, it's not a true emergency. AND I believe that quite a few of the c-sections are MADE necessary by the doctor and his/her interventions. I still consider those "necessary" sections to be unnecessary. If you were induced and needed a c-section, it was unnecessary. If your water was broken, it was an unnecessary section. If you were drugged and laying in a bed and baby was in a "bad" position, it was an unnecessary section.  etc, etc, etc.

okay...I would just like to say...WTF? I responded to this journal post asking her what she though a woman should do if a c-section is necessary. Am I the only one who thinks that c-sections ARE necessary sometimes? (even if they aren't...to each his own) but come on, people used to die all the time during childbirth. Why put yourself and your child at risk just so that you can say you had a natural childbirth?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Replies (11-15):
B34ut1ful
by on Dec. 21, 2007 at 12:24 PM
You should've asked her..What if your baby is breach? My brother was breach, and would've ripped my mom apart if she had had him naturally.

My mom ALMOST gave birth to ME naturally, but it turned out a car accident she got into a couple months before me made her spine sit at a tilt, therefore I got STUCK when she was trying to push me out. I would've DIED if they hadn't rushed her into C-section, was THAT necessary?? I THINK SO!

Some people are just stupid and don't think of shit....Sorry for the cursing....

P.S. Also what if they have multiple babies in the belly?? Just thought of that :)
collectivecow
by on Dec. 29, 2007 at 7:15 PM
I believe they can be absolutely necessary, but I also believe that doctors will opt to do certain procedures without due cause to in the same regard.

Kempersmom
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 7:06 PM
I had a c-section because my baby was breach I did opt for them to try to turn him in utero but they couldn't I didnt want a epidural period but when they tried to turn him they got in half way and had to stop because of his heart rate and he turned back they tried both ways and he was to big their are circumstances that will are ok for a c-section. if i had Kemper(my son) natural he wonts fit thru my cervix , his shoulders wouldnt fit they said because he was big not that big but big enough they said that if they do it and his shoulder get stuck they would of had to dislocate the shoulder ot brake the collar bone im sorry but thats wrong to do for a newborn so i opted for a c-section... sorry if im wrong for not wanting to hurt my son but i would never change my c-section decision...
calilove12
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM
wow- im with you on this..   I had an elective c-section the 2nd time  and a women had an argument because she said I didnt actually give birth and I said I gave birth.. really is it that big deal??? 
Quoting kloesmommy:

Good thing I have been offline for like a week cause I would have given her an earload. I had a c-section for absolutely no medical reasons. Its called "perennial Preservation" and it is basically an elective c-section because the woman has chosen to give birth that day and preserve her "happy places" So what , its my baby, my body and I would not have changed one single thing about it. I understand a lot of people dont agree with that but they need to keep their damn opinions to themselves. I dont run around saying "oh you gave birth vaginally so your snatch must be big and disgusting" (which is absoulutely do not think by the way, just exxagerating a bit) I'm so over peoples opinions on this subject what the hell does it matter that someone else gave birth a way that that made you happy and your baby healthy? WhO FUCKING CARES!!!

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Glitter Text Generator

left   left

left

left

left

http://www.cafemom.com/group/controversialconversations Group Owner

AbelsMommy01
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Mine was not necessary. My baby was breach. Plenty of babies are born breach every day. The doctor was just covering his own ass because c sections are less risky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)