Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leapfrog LeapPad

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2007 at 11:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 198 Total Views

Hey, I'm new. I just wanted to post about these toys.  They are amazing! My only suggestion is - skip the Little Touch LeapPad (for babies and toddlers) and start with the My First LeapPad.  I got both, and my daughter never played with Little Touch LeapPad and was never interested in it, but will play for hours with her My First LeapPad now.  Little Touch LeapPad isn't worth the money, but My First LeapPad lasts for at least 3 years, and is totally worth the money for it.  It's educational and entertaining.  And the resale value is incredible!  You can get books that are their favorite tv characters, and are great for both boys and girls.

Sarah AKA XeraRose, solo mom to Lissa, 3.5 yrs
Unschooling family -- education by experience!
SAHM, WAHM - I love working from home!
Check out my website -- http://promises.fourpointmoms.com

by on Aug. 27, 2007 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Dimples79
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Quote:

Hey, I'm new. I just wanted to post about these toys.  They are amazing! My only suggestion is - skip the Little Touch LeapPad (for babies and toddlers) and start with the My First LeapPad.  I got both, and my daughter never played with Little Touch LeapPad and was never interested in it,

My son loves his Leapfrog leapPad, & he has  had it for over 2 yrs. He also didn't play too much with the Little touch LeapPad. I thought it was so cute, but he Is way more interested in the  one for Older kids.

Homework Help Group  

http://www.cafemom.com/group/HomeworkHelp

cesca511
by Group Owner on Aug. 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM
My son had the My First Leap Pad when he was 3 but would always forget to touch the green go circle.  He got the Fischer Price Power Touch for Christmas that year and liked that much better.  Its pretty much the same thing but there is no pen, you just use your finger, and you don't have to touch anything when you turn the page, it just registers when you turn it.

Check out my new group

To Buy or Not To Buy.......

momofsaee
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 2:00 PM
I have the my first leap pad and the regular leap pad and the quantum pad and I will say this. If your child is 4 or up, skip the my first leap pad and go straight for the regular one. The quantum pad is not made anymore because the kids were too old for it. Its got 5th grade stuff and up and by the time they get to middle school they do not want to play with stuff like that anymore. I was thinking of the twist and spell made by the same company. Does anyone have that?/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)