Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of a 15 yo w/BPD

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

Some days I wonder if I will ever get her through high school, let alone life. She is always depressed. Her entire happiness and self esteem revolve around relationships with others that are always turmultuous. which then just feeds the disorder. she continues to express how no one likes her and she has no friends and yet she is more socially active then I ever was as a teen. She is always going to someone's house or someone is coming over. Some days she seems normal (well as normal as a teenager can be). So some days I wonder if she's just using the diagnosis to get away with stuff...to manipulate me. Her schooling is a disaster. This year I opted to home school her after a horrid bout with truancy last year. but now she's complaining about how much she hates the home schooling and how alone she feels. yet i know if i send her back into regular school i am going to go down the same road we did last year. she went from being a straight A student to last year not finishing due to 2 hospitalizations. she is in and out of counseling. and she's been under so many meds i can't even remember them all. none seem to work. but she (and I) are also bad about remembering to take them. i feel like i'm doing everything in my power to help her but i also feel there is a lazy component to her that wants some magic pill or magic counseling to make the feelings go away. and yet from all that i've read, she needs to WORK at being better and feeling better. it's frustrating. i want to just shake her and tell her to toughen up and just push forward. that life gets better after high school. that she could have the world at her feet if she just motivated herself. and sometimes i do say those things. and other days i'm coddling her like a baby.

is there any hope in sight?

by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)