Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Virginia!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 2:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 318 Total Views
hello, my name is Jennifer and my babies are 4 and 3. No i am not a navy wife, but i did just get out of the navy in AUG and my boyfriend is in the navy. I feel like i am having a hard time adjusting to VA so I thought this would be a good place to meet new friends for the kiddos and myself.
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sailorswife0226
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Hello Jennifer!  We had a hard time adjusting to VA as well.  I have several good fiends but I pretty much stay at home and do my own thing.  It's a challenge to make friends that share the same interest as you do.  Hope you get settled soon and welcome to VA.

Jenacfs
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 6:59 PM
Hi Jennifer, I am also Jennifer. I live in VA beach with my husband , my 5 year old and my 3 month old. If your ever interested in getting the kiddos together I am interested. We just moved from Florida back in June and I am still getting used to this area and navy life. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. - Jen
trisgaddy
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I'm originally from Las Vegas and when I married my husband and he transferred to VA, wow what a shock! I've been living in VA for a little over 4 years now and I absolutely love it. It was very hard at first, but now I can't immagine living anywhere else. I'm in Virginia Beach. I have a 5 year old daughter and an 11 year old son. I completely understand what you mean about finding friends with the same interest. I usually find I have near nothing in common with other military wives. If you ever want to chat, feel free to message me.

saqmdb
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I also feel like I am having a hard time adjusting to Va.  My two boys( 4 & 3) and I  just moved here a few weeks ago from Washington State.  My hubby is currently deployed and will be here once the deployment is over.  I don't really know anyone except my brother-in-law and he just left for deployment and there are a few people I know that moved here from Washington also, but I mostly just spend a lot of time with my boys and try to stay busy right now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN