Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone in Norfolk?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 130 Total Views

Hi there!

I am new to the group and we will be PCSing to Norfolk in November. I am currently overseas, so I am having to research everything via internet as I know no one in Norfolk. We are a dual military couple with 3 children ages 5, 4, and 2 months.

Is anyone familiar with the Willoughby Bay area? I will havea child going into Kindergarten and 2 younger children as well. If anyone has any info on good schools and good child care centers(4yr old and 4 month old) please let me know. I would like something close to where we will live, which from what I understand will be the Willoughby Bay area.

Any info would be great. Thank you!

Jamie

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KyinsMommy
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I don't know about the school district, but It didnt seem like a bad area when we looked at the housing there.
sailorswife0226
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM

We just left Norfolk.  If you are planning on going into housing I suggest you get on the waitlist for Villages of Whitehurst Farms.  The housing is nice and Tarrallton Elementary School is beside the housing complex.  It's a great school as well.

quawnie
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 7:45 PM
JJ, I live very close to Whiloughby in West Oceanview I can give you a complete honest insight of the area. We were told not to move in this area but lived here since 2002 and love it.
Whilloughby housing is nice I live close to it.
Feel free to email me or FB me:
Qmorgan80@gmail.com
Quawnie Morgan
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)