Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous about first IUI--help!!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

So my hubby and I were basically told that we need to do IUI in order to get pregnant. I was a little disappointed when we were told this. I mean with me having PCOS and being told I don't ovulate at all was hard enough. We were hoping that maybe things for my hubby would be better and his count wouldn't have been as low as it was.  This is so hard and because of all of my issues on top of it, my DR told me it would be to hared to try and get pregnant the normal way.

My next US is on 4/26 to see if I procduced good focilles and if I did, then 4/28 is my first IUI.

Has anyone had success at IUI? How many times did you have to have it performed before it was success? Any suggestions for me to maybe increase my chances of having it be successful??

by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
telspl2007
by Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:53 AM

I got preggo with an IUI. We did three rounds, the first round hubby's counts were way to low but we tried anyways, the second round was not a success and we feel it was because I was on an oral med that only made one egg, after doing a round of injectables and having the HSG test done to see if my tubes were open we got preggo with an IUI, they also have you try the natural way the night of your IUI and the next day, at least my doc did.

IUI can be a little uncomfty, they say its like a menstral cramp, my last one was a little more painful but I also had that test done the day before my IUI.

The only change we did was my hubby stopped drinking pop and starting taking a multi vitamin, his counts went from being unuseable the first try to more than they needed for the 2nd try but of course my body was not ready, by the 3rd try his counts were still great!

I hope this helps you out some! Good luck

CafeMom Tickers
geh041208
by Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I never thought about having hubby take a multi vitamin.  I should have him start taking one now and hope maybe his counts get a little bit better.   I've already had an HSG, so I'm good there.  Thanks for the tips!

telspl2007
by Member on Apr. 22, 2010 at 9:36 AM

We were told by my fertility doc to try that and vitamin C in addtion to the multi. I also had him cut out energy drinks and alcohol. Sure worked for us!

How long ago did you have your HSG? I was told that from the time you have it done your fertility increases for the next 3 months.

Good luck, keep us posted!

CafeMom Tickers
geh041208
by Member on Apr. 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM

My HSG was performed on 3/19, so it's been a little over a month.  My hubby has started the multi vitamin so hopefully that will help us!

telspl2007
by Member on Apr. 25, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I had mine in december and got pregnant in december.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN