Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

I know I haven't been on here in quite a while. Unfortunately I have had some life changing events that have kept me from being on here. In April/2012 my brother had a massive heart attack, which left my niece calling my Mom saying Daddy isn't waking up. My brother's death left both my niece (9) & my nephew (7) without parents, since their mom died of melanoma in 2010. My brother left me custody of his children, and in charge of his estate. I became a mom of 4 overnight, and had to move my family into my brothers home. If the death of my only sibling was not enough, I now have to deal with my Sil's 1/2 sister fighting me for custody of my niece & nephew. Apparently a will & the fact that the kids wanted to stay with me meant little, they granted her joint custody. I worked with my brother & Mom (she owns a business) everyday, I dropped my son off at school every morning with my brother & his son (they are 10 months apart) My brother was my best friend, and I sleep in the same room he died in every night....I miss him. My Sil's 1/2 sister continuously buts her nose in, she has seen them more now than she ever has. They are now fighting me for scheduled visitation, even after I have willing let her & her Mom take the kids whenever they have asked since my brother passed. It is taking a toll on our family, my 1 & 6 yr olds consider their cousins there siblings and get frustrated when they are taken away. I just really wish my brother was here.

teen girlteen boyteen boytoddler girlshhMy Family ♥

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
maggie13
by Group Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for your loss and for the loss to your family. I hope that things settle down with the other lady being a pill and trying to take control over the kids. You are a brave woman to take it all on yourself.

Thank you for the update. Hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)