Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can poor people afford to eat right and lose weight?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:25 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 120 Total Views

I just turned 42 and in the last couple years I have gained 50 lbs.  I weight 120 til I turned 30 then I weighed 140 when I turned 40 and now in the last two years I have went up 50 lbs and I absolutely HATE it.  I quit smoking 3 months ago and am going to try to start walking when it gets warmer but I also want to try to start eating right but it is sooooo expensive to eat right.  My husband needs to lose about 10 lbs and I need to lose at least 50 lbs.  He also needs to eat right because he has had a heart attack and also he has high chlosterol but we only have one income at this time and the only thing I can buy after paying all the bills is all the cheap stuff that isn't good for you.  We eat a lot of bread, potatoes, eggs, mac and cheese, hamburger, hot dogs, green beans, corn, pork chops and chicken.  After my husband's heart attack in 2006 I tried to buy chicken, veggies and fruit but that stuff is sooooooo expensive.  I went to the store one day and bought a bag of just fruit and veggies and it was almost $50 dollars...what we normally eat I could have got about 3 or 4 meals out of that much money.

Like I said earlier I am going to try to start walking when it gets warmer but that is going to be hard for me too because I have a real hard time breathing.  I get out of breath VERY easy so that is why I want to try to focus on changing what I eat too.

Anyone have any good weigh loss ideas that are cheap or anything advice at all I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!!!!!!

by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN