Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Info on West at home job

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 1557 Total Views
How to apply?

http://apply.westathome.com

What to expect?

After you apply you will get a congratulations email for finishing the application process and then wait for the next steps.  You can check on the status of your application after you filled it out.

After you are hired you will have more paperwork to fill out and take some test. 

Are the test hard?
To some yes, to some no.  It depends.  You really have to pay attention and take notes.

Do they pay for training?
Yes

When will you get a response after sending in your paperwork?
Sometimes right away and then sometimes within a week or 2.

You can learn more at the work at home forums at www.wahm.com or www.workplacelikehome.com I am just giving out the brief information.

by on Jan. 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ginene
by Group Owner on Jan. 4, 2008 at 2:35 PM

This part is taken directly from their site

Thank you for your interest in West at Home. Answers to the most common questions about West at Home are listed below. If your questions are not answered in the FAQs listed below, visit our Support Console to learn even more about the West at Home program.

Q: What will I be doing as a West At Home employee?
A: Depending on the project, you may be obtaining, entering and verifying customer information, answering questions, resolving issues, explaining sales features or offering additional products or services, all while providing exceptional customer service.

For additional details please visit the A Day in the Life page!

Q: Does West At Home offer benefits?
A: Some of the many benefits of being a West At Home employee are:

• Flexibility – You get to set your own hours and work around your schedule!
  • No commute – No drive to work with expensive gas bills!
  • No dress code – You wear what you want – no dry cleaning bills!
  • Most importantly – Work from the privacy and comfort of your own home!

This opportunity does not offer insurance or vacation related benefits.

Q: What can you tell me about pay?
A: West At Home offers schedules based on either per minute rate, per call OR guaranteed hourly rate. If total earnings (whether via per minute, per call or guaranteed hourly rate) are less than minimum wage, employee compensation will be trued up to meet their local minimum wage requirements (our employees will always earn the greater of the two pay scales). West At Home employees are paid on a biweekly basis and Direct Deposit and/or Pay Card options are available immediately!

Q: Will I be paid for training?
A: Yes, you will be paid an hourly wage for training! Training is conducted online from the comfort of your own home!

Q: Are there any special hiring bonuses?
A: For a limited time, there is a $100 training bonus for Direct Response and Direct Response Bilingual. Details associated may be reviewed, in the employee site, after you have completed the hiring process

Q: Will I ever be required to go to a West location during my employment at home?
A: No, this West At Home opportunity exists from the privacy and comfort of your home!

Q: What can I expect during the application process?
A: Our online application process is user friendly and only takes approximately 35 minutes to complete! First you will complete an application followed by a skills assessment. Upon successful completion of this step, you will complete an automated interview – right from your home! You will receive communication via email after your automated interview so be sure to check your email often. If you have been selected for a position with West At Home, you will receive an automated offer acceptance letter that you must sign, followed by online employment paperwork. We also conduct a criminal history check on all of our employees. Please be advised that due to a tremendous response, there may be a delay between time of phone interview and when you hear from West at Home. We appreciate your patience.

Q: How will I receive communication from West At Home?
A: Email is our primary source of communication to our applicants and employees, so please be sure to reference your email often.

Q: How do I check on the status of my application?
A: We are extremely excited to announce the release of a new self help web page that will allow you to check the current status of your application. Simply visit West at Home Employment Application Process Site and click I'm Returning. Please enter your Email Address and last name to login. Then, click on the 'View Application Status' link to get the latest information on where you stand.

Q: What type of PC equipment is required in order for me to pursue the West At Home program?
A: Computer Hardware:

• Computer Type: PC compatible (sorry, no Macs)
  • Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or Higher
  • Monitor Size: 15 inches or greater
  • Minimum OS Version: Windows XP or Windows 2000 version
  • Minimum RAM: 128 MB (256 MB highly recommended - On Windows XP, 256MB minimum
  • Minimum Processor Type: AMD Athlon, AMD Duron, Celeron or Pentium III or better
  • Minimum Processor Speed: 800 MHz or better
  • Minimum Graphic Resolution: 1024 x 768 16 bit
  • Sound card with speakers or headset for training audio (During call processing a headset that is attached to your phone is required.)
  • Internet Connection: DSL or Cable connection only (Sorry, no modem access OR Satellite connections.)

NOTE: DSL or Cable internet connection is required. Wireless networks, such as WiFi connections and cordless laptop connections are not supported for troubleshooting by the West At Home Helpdesk. If you have a technical issue while using a wireless connection we will be unable to troubleshoot your issue as the root cause could be the wireless network connection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN