Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Late Nighters check in!

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2007 at 11:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 670 Total Views
Who else is burning the midnight oil tonight?  I'm in a bit of a funk which is either going to produce some great text or completely stop me.  I'm praying for great text!

Heather
If you don't hear from me for a month, I'm okay!

wordcount widgets

by on Nov. 7, 2007 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boldmama.com
by Member on Nov. 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM
I am still beating myself up over the vat-o-crap I wrote today. I can't possibly write anymore. But I wish you lots of luck and great dialog!

wordcount widgets
Groovyflor
by on Nov. 7, 2007 at 11:42 PM
Late nighter?  Its only 8:45 here!  I'm not getting much done today.  I have a statistics test tomorrow morning so that is taking priority, though I would much rather be typing, trust me!

NaNoWriMo 2007
12,767 out of 50,000 words written!
25.5% complete!

wfg
by on Nov. 7, 2007 at 11:46 PM
I just wrapped up for the night.  Coming in for the day at 11, 879 words total.  Exceeded my daily goal of 11, 667 words, so I'm happy.

I have to keep writing each day and hitting these goals, or I'm going to stop all together and that would be bad.  I know if I miss a day I'll find an excuse to miss another day and another and another and so on. :( 

now if I can just find a way to type without wanting snacks!

Beth

wfg thinks outloud

ChaoticBliss
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 12:20 AM
I'm going to try to write, but I am so tired. :( I'm tap tapping away while the monster is asleep, but I keep dozing off. Poo...

Samara Elise Alexandrea 12.31.2003
Caesar Noel 08.29.2006
Baby C Number Three 05.31.2008
Can't close my eyes when I'm with you, insatiable the way I'm loving you.
Rain Babies Blogging about the one thing I know how to rock, babies!☆
NanoWriMo Progress:

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

madareamama
by Member on Nov. 8, 2007 at 12:24 AM

Quoting wfg:

I just wrapped up for the night.  Coming in for the day at 11, 879 words total.  Exceeded my daily goal of 11, 667 words, so I'm happy.

I have to keep writing each day and hitting these goals, or I'm going to stop all together and that would be bad.  I know if I miss a day I'll find an excuse to miss another day and another and another and so on. :( 

Congrats on exceeding your goal!

I feel the same way about missing a day.  I missed a full day because of being sick and wasn't productive last night.  My huge padding is GONE!!!  I saw an interesting piece of advice on Jacquelyn Mitchard's message board.  She said you have to treat this like a job and just do it.  You can't just say you don't feel like working, don't say you don't feel like writing!

Heather
If you don't hear from me for a month, I'm okay!

wordcount widgets

ontheroad
by Group Admin on Nov. 8, 2007 at 2:04 AM

I'm here as usual.  I write every night between 10 and 2am.  I find this a good time as husband and dogs are in bed for the night. Last night I wrote my first scene that was sensual/slightly erotic. tongiht I am writing for the same character and another scene like last night has popped up. Looks like this character is going to make a habit of this.  I'm almost embarrassed about the scenes, but I'm sure that I will feel better about the next one.  Yes, I plan to write another one. No comment, Sarah.  LOL

50,000 Words or Bust!
13,518 out of 50,000 words -- 27% complete

www.nanowrimo.org

shsteele05
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2007 at 3:21 AM
I just got home from work!! I had to close tonight at Sonic!! I'm not going to write tonight. However, I am no longer stuck in the rut I put myself in last weekend. I have completed the word count quota through Day 4!!! Tomorrow before work I am hoping and planning on getting a lot done and then Friday I have off, so I am really hoping that Friday I can work really hard on it. It seems as though everyone in the house is supportive, except my Mom, which is sad for me. She keeps saying, "Take care of your wife and mother responsibilities before you write." Me, I'm thinking, "It's only for one month that I am occupying my time to writing." Anyway, I'm rambling. I am going to check out what went on today while I was at work and then hit my other groups and then hit the sack for a good nights rest!!! Sandy
syuratick
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 8:25 AM
I'm a little late!!  Went to bed early again last night.  I've been doing that more and more lately.  It's good that I'm getting sleep, but it's cutting into my writing time.  I managed to get up to 10,800 words last night, but that means I still have to get in around 2,500 to get caught up for today. 

This is harder than I thought it would be!!!!  I guess it's supposed to be a challenge, right???

Are you a SAHM who HATES the drama??  Check this out!!!
FictionalGypsy
by on Nov. 8, 2007 at 12:05 PM
I miss staying up late to write. I write much better at night. I hope my car is fixed soon so I can get back to normal. LOL
mamapaparazzi
by Member on Nov. 9, 2007 at 2:21 AM
I'm writing! I'm writing!

I don't like what I'm writing, but I'm writing, nonetheless, lol.

(I soooo hate my MC)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)