Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 1:17 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 430 Total Views

Who else is there?

woohoo...said in the most exhausted tone I can imply over the internet, lol.

I don't know what it is but it's like I can't physically write before 10pm.  No matter how hard I try, how much free time I have on my hands, I can't write.  I wrote between 10 and 12 tonight and got 2300 words down (or somewhere around there).  I'm actually at about 36,500 right now.

I'm still 4000 behind (give or take).

I'm really getting... I don't know, discouraged...tired...something.

On one hand I see the end is near.  I can almost taste it.  I WANT that little square that says "winner" on it.  This is the closest I have ever come.  And on the other hand...I still have almost 14k words to write, 6 days left to write and Thanksgiving is in a couple of days (meaning I start baking in the morning).  Ugh.  If I've been struggling to find time to write now what am I going to do with the holidays.  I have to catch up which means I need to write before 10pm but I just can't seem to do it.  I tried the other day and got like a couple hundred words down.  I just wasn't in to it.

Blah.  I'm going to bed.  It's a little after midnight and I have to be up in 6 1/2 hours.  By the time I get to bed and fall asleep I'll be lucky to get 5 1/2 hours of sleep.

day 22...30072words...(-6602)

by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ontheroad
by Group Admin on Nov. 25, 2008 at 2:41 AM

Do you write only on your computer or do you write longhand? I type the story, but when I hit a spot where my ideas come to an end, I leave the computer and keep a notebook handy. Sometimes when I am watching tv or doing other stuff, I get ideas but can't always get to the computer. So they get written in longhand in the notebook and transferred later. This method has helped me get going on the story more than once this month.

You have about 13500 words to go - that's 2250 words a day - and you have until midnight on the 30th.

GOOD LUCK!!

justanotherjen
by on Nov. 25, 2008 at 7:52 AM

I used to write both ways but I've mostly been doing it on the computer this time.  I have a small notebook and I've written some in there when I've had to take the kids to their sports.  I just can't seem to focus or concentrate before 10pm.  Stupid ADD.

day 22...30072words...(-6602)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)