Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ignored

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 442 Total Views

My husband is a 28 year old man who is sadly addicted to video games.  If he can't play the xbox he plays on the computer and if he can't play on that he plays them on his phone...He'd rather be on the games instead of speding time with me or the kids...Its even gotten to the point that he stays up so late playing them that he won't even get up with the kids while I am at work...We don't even sleep in the same room together...And all the while I am running around cleaning up after him, taking care of the kids and house and going to work...It just doesn't seem fair how he takes so much time for himself and I can't even get five minutes away from the kids to take a shower...Its come to the point that I have considered divorce or at least temperary seperation...until he figures out what he wants...I don't understand how these video games can be addictive but, he's got it bad...just so tire of feeling invisible...and my kids oh...my kids I can't even imagine how it makes them feel that their dad doesn't care to spend any time with them...one day he's going to look up from that game and realize he's miss both his son and daughter's lives...this time when they're always wanting to play and be around you doesn't last long and he's gonna miss it...I've done everything I can think of...from hiding the games, even the console, changing the password on the computer, to even threatening to leave and nothing seems to work...so I figure if threatening to leave doesn't work, then maybe just leaving might...I just hope I can figure this out.

(Needing to vent)

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SomeonesMother
by on Mar. 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Video Games do lead to divorce sometimes.

May I suggest Readding I Love Geeks by Carrie Tucker. It's funny and may help you relate to him a bit.

While you relate to him find something to get him to relate to you, since I don't know him I can't suggest much to get that done. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)