Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun Patches

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

I was wondering how other troop leaders handled "fun patches".  I feel like the girls should have to earn the patch, whether or not it is a fun one or an official GS patch.  I am thinking that if the troop pays for the patch, then all girls were invited or provided the opportunity to earn the patch.   Thoughts or suggestions on how anyone has handled or is handling this?

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CometGirl
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My take on fun patches (the ones that go on the back of the uniform) is they are for participation.  If the girl shows up to the activity, she get the fun patch the troop is buying.  Sometimes I've put a stipulation on getting the patch like "you must rotate thru at least 4 stations to get the patch" to encourage participation.  I also don't like girls putting patches on their uniform for things they didn't do in Girl Scouting but that's just me.

What kind of requirements were you thinking of having?

sha_lyn68
by on Feb. 9, 2016 at 7:39 PM

I don't really understand what you are asking. Some fun patches are earned IE patches for Cookie sales and Treats and Keeps sales, while others are basically for just showing up, IE girl scout day at the zoo or aquarium etc. Can you give specific examples of what you are talking about and how you believe a girl would or would not earn the patch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)