Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your kid do this too?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

I know this is slightly off topic, but I know there are a lot of mommies who probably have the answer to this incredibly stupid question bouncing

My daughter is almost nine months old. And she snores. LOUDLY. I always forget to ask her doctor about it because you know what it's like at those appointments, you barely have time to remember the doctor's name, haha. She doesn't seem to have trouble breathing and this only really started after she got (and got over) her first cold at Thanksgiving. I'm going to put a humidifier in our room and see if that helps, but failing that, is this normal and/ or okay??

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
clintdani
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2009 at 9:39 PM

You may want to take her to a pediatric ENT. My nephew would snore and breath very loudly.  They thought at first it may be sleep apnea but ruled that out. He had his tonsils and adnoids taken out and he has not done it since. It scared my sister the frist few nights because she could not hear him breathing through the monitor like usual. He has not done it since which has been about 5 years.  My 6 year old son has been breathing heavily for a while now when he sleeps and we have an appointment to take him to see the ENT in February to get checked out. My sister told me that it was the best thing she could do for him as he sleeps much better now. If the doctor says that it would help my son we would do it in a heartbeat (kind of like tubes in the ears - don't wait to see if it clears up on its own).  Good Luck. 

BellaQS
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM

My daughter who is 9 months tomorrow does this same thing.  She sleeps soundly and seems to be breathing normal too.  She started this after she has a cold a few weeks ago.  She has her Nine month check up on Wednesday and I plan to ask...I'll let you know what the doc says.

BellaQS
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Abby had her appointment today and her peditirician said that snoring is normal. The only time to be concern is if the baby while snoring seems to be having difficulty breathing or is tossing and turning.  This could be a sign for Sleep Apnea and would warrant further test.  Abby sleeps like a log she just snores loudly....just like daddy :)

Isabel

www.scensty.com/seabrook

mammacat08
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I asked my babys dr about him snoring also and he said that  we should not be worried about it now but when he is one or two years old and he is still snoring then we should have it checked.

nicki1018
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Thats so cute mine wont do it all the time but every so often, and i think its adorable, but I think it normal and cute

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)