Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going Crazy!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
Help Me!!! My daughter Ava (Who is 9 months old) used to be such a great sleeper! Now...She wakes up at least once a night, usually between 12 and 3 in the morn, and screams and cries for about an hour! At one point, she was getting up every two hours. Well, through the Ferber technique (letting her cry herself back to sleep without virtually no interaction or intervention), we got her down to just the one time. But I have to tell you, it's torture! Being woke up, listening to her screaming, not being able to go back to sleep! I know she is not hurt because I know the difference between her scared or hurt cry, and her complaining, whiny cry, and this is certainly her just wanting to be held, given a bottle, or just plain out punish her parents! I don't know what to do!!! Or why all of a sudden she gets up!!! Help!!!
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blueyemama
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I am going through the same thing with my 9 month old. Its driving me crazy also. Which it just started in the last couple of weeks. I think its because she is teething. I can't let her cry herself back to sleep at 3 am, so I usually rock her until she falls asleep or we both do.

troysmama08
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM

My son is also 9 months old, and he typically wakes up periodically between 9pm and 12am, but he always goes right back to sleep.  When he wakes up crying like you described, it has been due to teething.  Baby ora gel seems to work well for him.... good luck! 

jem102675
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 12:14 PM

You are not the only one going through this!  Me too!  I read that it could be that seperation anxiety (spell?), teething, who knows really!  It will pass!  Just remember that this is such a short time compaired to there whole life!  The way I look at it I will look back on the midnight cuddleings and be glad that I took those extra moments with my daughter!  Try to think of it that way I guess!  Good Luck!

Mother to three beautiful children, Preston, Alexys, and Ella Rae

butterfly

PitBullLoverNYC
by Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM

im an aslo goin throw this my son was such a good sleeper and for the past two weeks he sleeps less and wakes up btw 2 and 4 am screaming crying whing crawlin all over the bed and i dont know what to do

avasmommy562
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Just to give everyone an update, the saying "this to shall pass"... is true! If anyone is working with their children and sleeping issues, please, go out and buy (or purchase on a website like Amazon, you can get a used copy for a lot cheaper) the book by doctor Ferber, "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems". He is a genius. Follow his message, stay strong, and you'll know what I mean after you read his book, and IT WORKS!!! Your baby will sleep better, which in turn is so much better for their health, you'll sleep better, which turns out is sooo much better for your sanity, and all together, life will seem that much sweeter!
TristensMom402
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Tristen was sleeping 11 hour nights at 4 months then once the teeth started comming in that stopped and he started waking up 2 to 3 times in the middle of the night. They have these hyland baby teething tablets that work really well if that is the problem. I hope I could help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)