Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having trouble with the father

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2007 at 1:17 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 181 Total Views
My ex and I have been separated for over 2 months now. THANK GOD. But one of the problems I have come across is that he moved so girl in with him shortly after we split. Do get me wrong i know the man has needs but i think this is starting to cause some conflict issues with our 19 month old son. When my son comes home from his fathers he doesnt want to listen to me and ignores me on just about every level. After about a day or so he starts listening to me, but i have to deal with this every week!! does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how to handle this.

Ally
a very stressed mom
by on Nov. 1, 2007 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
derick4105
by on Nov. 2, 2007 at 1:33 PM
I am having the same problem....I have been separted from my kids father for about 7 months and when ever he comes back from his house he never listens to me...but its not just that...he refuses to put him on the toilet(I am potty training)..........but the whole not listening part I think is from the lack of discipline on his side...I know my son gets away with everything when hes at his fathers and it drives me nuts (but its not just his father its his grandparents too due to the fact he works 2 jobs so my son is with the grandparents more then he is with his father) he thinks because were not together our son shouldnt get yelled at....and if I yell at my son for anything hes like u dont need to yell at him....which its not yelling its just me raising my voice.....so I think that has alot to do with it......you should see how he discipline..... if he even does and maybe moving the new gf in had something to do with it...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)