Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group, need advice

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2007 at 9:44 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
Hi ladies. I need advice.

I've been dating a wonderful man for almost 7 months. He's 32, I'm 28. He's wonderful with my daughter MacKenzie and makes me laugh constantly. He's passionate about his work and his family. He's never been married, never had kids. In fact, I'm the only girlfriend he's had in 10 years. He's always been focused on work and didn't have time for it. Plus, he's very picky.

For some reason I just "know" he loves me. And for some reason I just "know" we're going to get married (not tomorrow but down the road). Everything has been wonderful, however, a friend of mine just yesterday had me starting to worry. She thinks it's odd that we've never said "I love you" to each other. And she thinks its odd that I know we're going to be married if we've never said that phrase. My argument to that is that I was married to someone who said I love you multiple times a day but never showed it and I never felt it and we didn't work out. Sometimes it's not the words that are important.

Help me here. I feel sort of worried and almost foolish because of her. Should I expect him to say those words to me? Is there something wrong with our relationship because we haven't?
by on Dec. 9, 2007 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LilSophiesMom
by on Dec. 20, 2007 at 1:20 PM

First of all, I'm glad that you're happy with this guy. If you didn't think it was weird before your friend mentioned it, don't worry about it now. Nothing has changed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN