Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help! so confusd!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:13 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 300 Total Views
I am talking to this guy who I adore. We started as high school buddies and now hes 20 and Im 18 and we want to be more than that. He is so great but he just told me that hes been sterile since he was 15 and cant have kids and I have my heart set on having one more biological child. I think adoption is great and am so willing to look into it but I want one more of my own. I dont know what to do. Help!
by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Heather81615
by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 5:45 PM

I think you should go ahead and date the man, if he's good to you and you like being with him.  You never know what the future holds, at some point you may find out that he's not the person you want to spend your life with, but why make that decision right now when it sounds like you are having fun.   Don't try and predict the future, if you are meant to have another biological child you will.

LilSophiesMom
by on May. 29, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Hold up. Has he said anything about being committed you? Are you even his girlfriend yet? All he did was say he's sterile, which might not even be true.

You need to get to know the guy. Is he ready to settle down? Is he ready to be responsible and faithful to any woman, especially single mom and her kid? He's only 20. Most 20 year old men are not ready for commitment and responsibility. And financially speaking they are usually not ready at that age.

You are only 18, so young! Go to college if you can. If not, get more job skills to earn more money. You can always get married and have another kid in your 20s.

maddie999
by New Member on May. 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM
You're both young! If you both want to take it to the next level than him saying that he is "sterile" should not be a problem. Maybe it is a condition that medical science can eventually treat someday, you never know! How you both feel about each other is important. Also how he feels about your child is important too! Best of all follow your instincts and good luck to both of you!

Maddie999

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)