Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm new to this group but thought you could help me.....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 4:46 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
how the hell do you get over dating someone and then breaking up?  i mean as a single mom it's so different then without my daughter.  if you're hurt then you can just scream, vent, cry, cry, vent, scream.........

i've learned, since being a single mom (and getting totally effed over by my daughter's dad) that i need to maintain composure and be the one with all my feelings in tact and not get hurt.  guards up!  at all times.  with that motto in hand, i've dated a few guys and been the one to set them sailing with no problems what-so-ever on my end.  maybe a little guilt, but no hurt or pain.

well.....i let down my guard and now i'm left to heal this incredibly broken heart.  i have no idea where to start and how to do this and to top it off i feel like i have no one to blame but MYSELF!  i let this happen, i knew my rules and i broke them.  but i am so sad and feel so lost in trying to mend my heart again.

anyone out there who can help me??  it just sucks to feel like this.....

hugs to all...dana

"excuses are obstacles you can overcome, not reasons to give up"

by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hilleebean
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:08 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself. It's okay to let yourself fall for someone, even if it doesn't work out. It sucks and I know what you mean by having to be the one who doesn't get hurt. But, I think about living my life that way and I've decided that being alone for the rest of my life would hurt worse than getting my heart broken. All you can do is live and learn but don't let anyone make you give up!
LilSophiesMom
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Aww, I'm sorry you're hurting. It sucks, I know.

msrush
by on Aug. 21, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself,I know the feeling. I was the same way. After my daughters father, I had my gaurds up and my nose WIDE open. Once I let all of that go, someone broke my heart. I was down on myself, blaming myself but I realized that some things that happen to you by a man is only partially your fault. But you are not to blame. Now I look at it as, do things differently. Not so much in a bad way but in a smarter way and I promise you would feel a lot better no matter how the outcome may be. Trust me all the heartbreaks you get is worth finding your true love. Because it your not with that person that let you go then you wasn't so suppose to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)