Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to this...

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 10:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 174 Total Views
Good Morning,
Well here is my story... My husband and I have been together for 12 year - married for 5, HS sweethearts. It was a long drown out relationship. He had issues with drugs and still thinking he was single when he had a good wife and a daughter at home waiting for him. About 2 1/2 months ago I finally had the balls to stand up to him and tell him to get out. I have had enough. So ever sense then he has been a royal pain in my butt. I had to get a harassment order against him and he has already spent one night in jail for violating it. I have my appointment for divorce next week! ugggh...
I know that I should be happy with being single now, (don't get me wrong, I am happy without the extra burden of the looser) But I am just so lonely. I think it is because I have been so lonely for so long. I have been out having fun with my friends and every-time I meet a guy, I feel like I have to tell him that I am married and have a 3 yr old daughter and then they run! I get that... I wouldn't want to get involved with me either, but I just want it so badly... Any advise???
by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mapleleafwoman
by on Sep. 22, 2007 at 9:03 PM
I truly understand lonliness. I fight it everyday. I was divorced three years ago after a 23-year marriage. As independent as I am, there are still those times when I wish I just had a man around. He is one of those things I can't seem to live without and I can't seem to live with.

Until your divorce is finalized, it is by far the best thing you are doing by telling people you are married. You need to keep your nose completely clean until everything is settled. After that it is still advisable to give yourself some breathing room before becoming romantically involved with someone again.

Before you start saying yes, you also need to sit down with yourself and decide exactly what you want and are willing to accept from another man. I have decided I am worth far more than most have to offer. I want one that doesn't smoke, doesn't drink excessively, can handle money, loves me for who I am, loves children, has a stable job, doesn't spend his time in front of the boob tube watching sports, and my list goes on. Yes, I am looking for the perfect man. Will I ever find him? Not likely, but each time I walk away from one, I become a stronger person in myself.

I know I am worth more than any man. And I know that you are too.
travzmom
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 4:16 PM
i spent 5 years with my ex who cheated and belittled me and made be believe that i deserved to be treated like that.  prior to him, i was a very strong and independent woman.  he and i have been over for almost a year.  i dated some, but no one that i was really willing to get serious with.  i knew that i had to become the woman that i was before him and be happy with myself before i would be able to be happy with anyone else.  i'm finally in a position where i'm ready to have a relationship.
FireFighterMama
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2007 at 11:19 AM
Thank you lady's! I really am glad that I now have some where to go to bounce ideas off, and people that really understand what I am going through! THANK YOU!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)