Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the little things in life

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

that make me happy!!  Today was my 5 y/o dd's first Irish step dancing class.  That alone made me happy.  It's impossible to be sad with that style of dance and music...but anyway, I had brought with me Outlander bc I wasn't sure what I would be doing while she was in class.  Lucky for me, I got to watch most of it through the one way mirror.  I walked back out into the waiting area at one point and I saw another mom who happened to have a copy of Dragonfly in her lap.  I smiled at her and proudly waved my book and then the mom across from her started laughing bc under her seat was Outlander.  She has read it 6 times.  Of course we had a light discussion and I'm sure we made all the other mom's curious so I'm sure before I know it, we'll have some other DG fans.  I just thought that was cool!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
keila_mb
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I had that same thing happen to me at my OBs office. Even the nurses were in on it. We're like a little cult! LOL!

Want a real funny? I gave the books to my grandmother to read when she broke her shoulder. (She is a very cool Grannie!) and when she was done she gave them to my 72yr old grandfather. And he loved them!

awgarcia
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:03 PM

that's awesome!!  I think my Granny would read them too, if she hasn't already.  She reads everything and volunteers at the library. 

I think I was mainly surprised bc I have been having difficulty getting my own family/friends to read them even though I think my mom would love them, especially.  I would love to have someone to discuss with so I'm glad I'm going to get the chance to make new friends with help from my favorite novels. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)