Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not Outlander related but wanted to share anyways

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

I am so excited!  my daughter Irelyn is being given a wish via the make a wish foundation!  (Irelyn has a rare disease called Osteogenesis Imperfecta: type 1 severe).   Im just so happy Im telling everyone! big smile mini

Photobucket

Novalea Faith, Irelyn Grace, & Avaleen Joy
05/15/04 & 12/2205 & 06/25/08
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tabi_cat1023
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:40 PM

YAY, I so believe in that orgainization, any clue what she'll pick?

Devyn
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:55 PM

no idea. she's still young - she'll be three next monday - so we are hoping that we can hold onto the wish for a couple of years, but if not, I know that one of things she would love is to have a swingset that would be safe for her and have our backyard completely done so as to make it OI friendly. Her disease causes her to fracture very easily - she has had 30 known fractures to date - and unfortunately our backyard is not the safest place for her.  We shall see though - I want this to be her wish and not what anyone else wants for her. 

3gymnastsmom
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Wow - Congratulations!

All of your girls are beautiful!  I hope her wish is very special.

CandBmommy
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Does it get less severe with age? It reminds me of that disease having to do with blood. People can bruise and break bones easliy. The Russian Czar (I think that's what they called the kings) whose family was executed.. his young son had it.

Quoting Devyn:

no idea. she's still young - she'll be three next monday - so we are hoping that we can hold onto the wish for a couple of years, but if not, I know that one of things she would love is to have a swingset that would be safe for her and have our backyard completely done so as to make it OI friendly. Her disease causes her to fracture very easily - she has had 30 known fractures to date - and unfortunately our backyard is not the safest place for her.  We shall see though - I want this to be her wish and not what anyone else wants for her. 

Christmas Graphics

tabi_cat1023
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM

I think a safe playground/backyard would be GREAT!!!  It is her wish but if shes too young and she can't hold onto it I think that would be a GREAT thing to ask for on her behalf, you'd never regret it, and in the long run I think she'd thank you!  Besides rthe bones is she healthy?  We have a boy at my school that has this but not severe, hes walking in a walker becaue of a bad break when VERY young but otherwise hes healthy and WAY smart.  OMgoodness is he smart!

Quoting Devyn:

dreamymom79
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Congratulations!

readingShe is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873) 
~ Louisa May Alcott ~

arielclairesmom
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Hooray!  Redoing your backyard sounds like a great idea!  I know you want her to choose, but if they won't let you wait until she gets older, that would be a wonderful thing to do with her wish.  It would be something that she can continue to enjoy for a long time as opposed to a trip or something.  I pray she is doing well, how exciting!

I always said I wanted to be someone, I realize now that I should have been more specific.

mamasings
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 9:51 PM
how exciting!!! That is wonderful! I hope she loves it! Does she know or understand it now?

Heather

Group Admin for Moms of Lallybroch!!  A place for lovers of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and Jamie and Claire!!  We can't wait to welcome you into the Lairds room!!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)