Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Having Good Thoughts About Roger?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

I am about a third of the way through The Fiery Cross.  I am beginning to have warm thoughts for Roger. If harm befalls him later or in the next book, please don't tell me.  :)) 

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MCMMommy
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I love Roger, and personally think he is underrated.

awgarcia
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM

he's def one of my favorites :)

3gymnastsmom
by Member on Aug. 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM
He's no Jamie, but he's a great guy in his own right.

keila_mb
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I think the fact that he is no jamie is part of what makes him so interesting. He's always trying to reach up to this unattainable standard but winds up finding himself along the way. Love Roger. Would definately like to see more of his and Bree's story. - just not at the expense of Jamie and Claire's story.

keila

ontheroad
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM

What appeals to me is that Roger is from the twentieth century where he doesn't have to have any of the skills that keep you alive in the eighteenth century.  I think he does remarkably well.  :))

keila_mb
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I agree. I think that since he's a history professor he knows about the time period in a technical sense so he's maybe not as surprised as some people might be. But I think that since it's not his natural time he's willing to maybe take more risks than he normaly would because it's maybe not as real to him. Like he's part of some sort of social experiment or something. It's definately interesting to see things through his eyes.

keila

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)