Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms with elementary school kids

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 1210 Total Views
moms with this age kids can be hard. post here.
by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roses4mary
by Member on Oct. 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM

I have a son in 4th grade and a daughter in 3rd grade... I'm looking fwd to meeting other moms!

Mary

Ladybug0414
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I have a son in kindergarten so I'm new to all of this. Its harder than I thought it would be.

kernalkc78
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I have a daughter in the 4th grade and one in the 1st grade. 

welcome spring.gif

MamaD1973
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2009 at 9:40 AM

We have a son that starts Kindergarten and a daughter that will start the VPK program this year.  I am scared out of my mind about this year. 

Being that the Florida Public School System is by far more different than what I know this is going to be an adventure. 

I don't know what to make about the public school that my son will be attending.  They haven't had very good grades and that is what scares me most.

FYI......

Moms, if you don't care for the public school that your child will be attending we found a scholarship called Step Up For Students. here is the link https://www.stepupforstudents.org/application/

It will take to an online application.  For first time applicants a family of five's max earned income is I think $47.700.00/annually and you could be awarded up to I believe it is $3.950.00 towards tuition.  It is worth looking into.

I look forward to reading the posts of the "Seasoned" School moms!

I know there is excellent educated advice coming to us!

HottMommy0518
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Hi I have a daughter going into the 1st grade at Tavares Elementary school.

Italianmamiof3
by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I have a son going in the 4th grade a daughter going into 3rd and  and a son going into k

KendraR
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Quoting MamaD1973:

We have a son that starts Kindergarten and a daughter that will start the VPK program this year.  I am scared out of my mind about this year.  . . .

Okay, so I'm new to Florida and I know this post is old so I don't know if anyone will see this but what does VPK stand for?

Kendra

MomOfBriAndLex
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Hello! I am a mother to two beautiful little ladies, my oldest is in the 5th grade and my youngest is in 2nd grade.   They attend Casselberry elementary, and they seem to really enjoy the school.  I have also recently become a nanny to a 9 month old little boy so if anyone is looking for playdates either with or without kids feel free to holla at me!  Have a great day ladies ;)

MomOfBriAndLex
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM

vpk stands for voluntary pre kindergarten

adamsmama724
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I'm wondering if anyone has had to make a big summer move and might have any advice about adjustments for kids...we're in TX now but we'll be moving to Central FL over the summer and so my son will be starting 1st grade in a FL public school. Any advice?welcome spring.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN