Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to know you

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:57 PM
  • 88 Replies
  • 2581 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I'd like for us to get to know each other so we can be comfortable enough to eventually plan playdates, mom's night out and maybe even family get-togethers.

I've also posted stickies so we have a place to get to know other mamas with kids the same age as ours. You don't have to socialize with only those mamas, but it will probably be helpful insetting up playgroups. And if you happen to fall into multiple age groups, feel free to post in all that are applicable.

Ok, so I'll start:

My name's Mandy P. I live in Leesburg with my hubby and son. I'm 27 and will have been married to my DH, Tony for 2 years on Sept 17. We dated for 6 years prior to that.

I have a 5 1/2 month old son named Joshua. He was born March 1, '07.

I loooove to read (anything! but esp. Harry Potter, Narnia and the original Winnie-the-Pooh). I also sing quite well (took almost 10 years professional voice lessons) and am an excellent cook, if I do say so myself.

I quit working when Joshua was born, so I'm a SAHM, and I love every second of it.

My reason for getting up in the morning:

=) Mandy P.

Group owner: Mothers Against Immigration Reform

Lilypie Baby Days

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cthelin27
by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 6:36 AM
Ooh, me next, me next!!  My name is Charisse, and I have a problem with mountain dew. LOL  Okay, so as you can already tell, I have a twisted sense of humor. I'm 26 (will be 27 on the 27th), and I have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls.  They are ages b-6, g-5, g-4, and b-1.  We moved to Satellite Beach from Nashville, TN back in Feb, but I don't drive so I haven't made a whole lot friends yet and it gets pretty lonely here sometimes.

I am a perfectionist, I love to read and write, and (yeah, you can laugh) I like math.  I think it's one of the greatest things in the world.  If I can ever finish my degrees, I'd like to be a CPA one day.  Oh, I also like arts and crafts, though I'm not really great at anything except cross-stitching.  Oh, and lately I have become addicted to housecleaning poker b/c I get to know the friends I already better through chatting and we get our houses clean.  See?  Win-win. LOL

I have lived a pretty rough life...in fact, you could say that I have lived the proverbial Cinderella story, so not too much can really shock or offend me.  I can't wait to make some new friends in the area!

~Charisse

Proud-Mom-2
by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Hello!  My name is Megan, I am 22 (23 in May) and I have two boys, Robbie (Oct. 1 05) and Aiden (Jan. 26 07) I live in the Maitland area, about 5 mins from Downtown Orlando.  I have a wonderful soon-to-be-husband Eric.  Right now most of my time is spent either on the kids, or the wedding.  We are getting married in 5 weeks! (Sept. 22 07)

I would love to met other mommies area me, and get together for play-dates and such! It would be soo great!!  I am a SAHM so I do get pretty bored sometimes. 

Well, have a great day, and I look forward to meeting some of you!!

Megan

tannedtoes
by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 2:17 PM
     Alrighty! I'm Nicole and live in Leesburg (for the time being, we're moving to Citra soon) and am 22 years old and have been married for 4 1/2 years. I am a SAHM of 2 boys. Levi will be two sunday and Ian will be 5 months on monday. I have a few close friends with children (thank god).. But with how hectic things have been lately, on weekends me and Matt just want to sit at home and do nothing with our kids!!!
     I love taking pictures, scrapbooking, and love cooking and trying new foods. I've been trying to walk lately and workout but find that i would do much better throughout the day if i had a partner!!!

CalebsMama81006
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2007 at 5:13 PM
My Name is Abbey, i am a SAHM/Granny Nanny lol I am taking care of my hubbys Grandma. I am 21 and I live in Tavares.

My son is 12 months old His birthday was Last Friday!

I also love to read.........pretty much anything with words and a fun story!
Any questions just ask!

mrflibbleisvryx
by Group Owner on Aug. 25, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Quoting CalebsMama81006:

My Name is Abbey, i am a SAHM/Granny Nanny lol I am taking care of my hubbys Grandma. I am 21 and I live in Tavares.

My son is 12 months old His birthday was Last Friday!

I also love to read.........pretty much anything with words and a fun story!
Any questions just ask!

Wow! What kind of cake was that??

=) Mandy P.

Group owner: Mothers Against Immigration Reform

Group Owner: Central Florida Mamas

Lilypie Baby Days

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

angie88
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 1:35 PM
My name is Angela. I live in Groveland. I graduated from Tavares High School in 1988. I have 4 children:G/17, B/16, B/14, B/11.
ajadebrooke
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 9:37 AM
hi, i'm dana we live in the waterford area. i have 2 teen girls. i don't get out much. i'm not able too. hurt alot. we moved here from Ky. about 6yrs. ago. i haven't really met anyone here yet. believe that! so i hope to get to know you.

Shelly10676
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:12 AM
My name is Shelly. I am 31. I live in between Waterford and Avalon areas. I have a 5yr old and a 4 1/2 month old. I have been married for 6yrs. I am also a sahm.
alwaystiredmom
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2007 at 1:25 PM

Hello, my name is Sarah I am 27yrs old. I live in Leesburg(actually right over the Tavares line) and I have two daughters.  Mckinley 3, Krista 2.  Thats right they are 16 mths apart.  It just kinda happened that way if you know what I mean.  My hubby and I have been married for 5years, we went to school together and I finally let him catch me.  I am having trouble getting my 3 year old to sleep in her bad all night so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Mommy22boys
by on Oct. 31, 2007 at 1:30 PM
Hi, my name is Kim.  I'm mom to Austin-5yo and Aydan-2yo.  My fiance and I (I also refer to him as dh) have been together for almost 6 years.  I just started working from home and I love what I do!  My work takes me all over central and north florida so when I'm scheduled to be in those areas I usually make a day of it with my boys.  My dad lives in Kissimmee so we spend lots of time there as well.  I also homeschool my boys.  Austin is kindergarten/1st grade and I'm just getting started with Aydan.  I enjoy homeschooling and most of the time so does Austin.  He just doesn't like when we have seat work!  lol 

Hope to get to know you all!

Kim                                                                         
Group Owner: General Hospital Fans, Volusia County Moms, CW's Reaper, Understanding Education
Group Admin: GH No Holds Barred, Daytona Beach Florida Moms
http://www.kimfienberg.simplyfun.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)