Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'd like for us to get to know each other so we can be comfortable enough to eventually plan playdates, mom's night out and maybe even family get-togethers.

I've also posted stickies so we have a place to get to know other mamas with kids the same age as ours. You don't have to socialize with only those mamas, but it will probably be helpful insetting up playgroups. And if you happen to fall into multiple age groups, feel free to post in all that are applicable.

Ok, so I'll start:

My name's Mandy P. I live in Leesburg with my hubby and son. I'm 27 and will have been married to my DH, Tony for 2 years on Sept 17. We dated for 6 years prior to that.

I have a 5 1/2 month old son named Joshua. He was born March 1, '07.

I loooove to read (anything! but esp. Harry Potter, Narnia and the original Winnie-the-Pooh). I also sing quite well (took almost 10 years professional voice lessons) and am an excellent cook, if I do say so myself.

I quit working when Joshua was born, so I'm a SAHM, and I love every second of it.

My reason for getting up in the morning:

=) Mandy P.

Group owner: Mothers Against Immigration Reform

Lilypie Baby Days

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:57 PM
Replies (81-88):
marytza
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Hi my name is marytza I son he's soon to be 3 feb 3rd I'm a frugal mommy
crr317
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Hello all!

My name is Chrisy. I am 32. Currently living in Deltona . With my Rach who is 13 and my Hubby. I work full time and have 2 home business. I love stay busy, Meeting people and networking are something i love to do as well :)

Looking forward in meeting new people :)

wife2nynan
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi from Sanford! I'm Betsy, I'm 36 and SAHM to my two kids, 10 and 7. Just moved here 3 months ago from California for my husband's job. It's been a huge transition! Missing my friends back home sooooo much it hurts.

I'm really trying to make new friends out here, but not knowing anyone is so tough! Hoping to find some sweet, funny and down-to-earth mom friends to hang out with.

Me: I am a Pinterest addict and love to craft, cook and try new things. I love to read, geocache hunt with my kids, volunteer at the school and shop.

Hoping somebody wickedly funny with martini-making skills reads this and says, "Hmmmm. I need to have a latte with this girl."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Outrageous
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wife2nynan:

Hi from Sanford! I'm Betsy, I'm 36 and SAHM to my two kids, 10 and 7. Just moved here 3 months ago from California for my husband's job. It's been a huge transition! Missing my friends back home sooooo much it hurts.

I'm really trying to make new friends out here, but not knowing anyone is so tough! Hoping to find some sweet, funny and down-to-earth mom friends to hang out with.

Me: I am a Pinterest addict and love to craft, cook and try new things. I love to read, geocache hunt with my kids, volunteer at the school and shop.

Hoping somebody wickedly funny with martini-making skills reads this and says, "Hmmmm. I need to have a latte with this girl."

Moving from NY to FL was a HUGE transition for me as well!  Drastic change!  I went through some serious withdrawals and thought I was going to die! Nonetheless, I have survived while my husband has thrived at his job.  I live in East Orlando, near Alafaya/Waterford area; about 20-25 minutes from Sanford.  I go to the mall in Sanford sometimes so it would be nice if we can keep in touch.  Believe me, I have been where you are now.  Missing my 2 best friends got me my 7 year old son because I felt like I needed to occupy my time so i did not get depressed!  In the end, my husband realized how important our friendships are and that he has given me a trip to NY, or them a trip to FL, OR we all meet once a year for family vacations.  I live for those now.  Good wine, good laugh with good friends... that's important!  Hang in there.  Lucky for you now, there is SKype and Oovoo and Facebook! 10 years ago, I did not have that. -_-

I am a 37 year old SHM as well, to a 7 yr old son, and 13 and 17 year old daughters.  I am making a slow transition back to part time work, although it will not last long because I will be schooling my son at home, along with one of his friends, in August 2013.

misspriss0386
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Hi, I'm Jessica. Married and have three children. We live in Lakeland. Looking to find new friends in our area!
sonemi828
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Hello, my name is Sonia. I moved to Spring Hill, Fl from NY 3 years ago and I hate it.But I have 4 beautiful kids and one on the way and the reason why I'm still here is because of my kids. Its a great place to raise kids, nothing like where I am ftom in NY.
I have been with my SO for 17 years. I am a SAHM and he works for Waste Management.
katiebug840204
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Hey ladies! I just moved to Port Orange from GA. I am looking to make some awesome friends here! I am Katie, 29 yrs old and I have 3 kiddos. Boy(10), girl(9) and boy(5). I have been married for 11 years!
PhotoLovinNoni
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:56 PM

My name is Wenona and I live in Casselberry. I have a brillant, beautiful 7 year old son. He is my everything. For some of his live I am been a single parent (included at the moment) however he does have a super wonderful step father who I am blessed cared enough about him after we split to still be there for him.

I've lived in Florida my whole like but I've always managed to stay within the centrel region of Florida.

I am the Studio mananger for Studio One to  One in Orlando. Yep, that is right. I have some of the best portraits of my son there are to be had...lol We are now to the point when my son see's the camera coming out, he runs the other direction. 

My hobbies outside of photography are pretty simple. I like going to the beach, parks, trails riding, fishing, soccer and any place I haven't been before. Basically, any place I can bring him to and my camera ;)  I suffer from wanderlust so I LOVE to be on the go. 

I'd love to meet some other moms who have similar interests. I am always looking for mom groups but I often find them too immature and catty for my likings.

Anywho, I am off to shoot a client. Yep... made this accoutn on my lunch break I did. 

Good day everyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN