Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OB GYN rec help!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

Hi ladies it's been a while since I have been on here since I lost my daughter at 39 wks 2 yrs ago. Here we are unexpectedly expecting and I am scrambling to find a dr. that will accept a self pay or medicaid patient. Since this pregnancy is a pleasant (but nervous) surprise, my insurance co. will not accept me...also i'm being punished for my loss as a "pre existing complication"

I have been calling everywhere and no one is taking medicaid anymore- I did find DR. Lopez in Waterford Lakes...kind of a hike but I will go where ever!  Anyone know of this doc or any other that will accept medicaid. ?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RypTyd1999
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Check out Dr. Emma Fritz, I don't know if she takes Medicaid, but she's awesome. Do not see Dr. Gibbs......he was my ob with my first and was horrible. I didn't think insurance in FL could consider pregnancy a "pre exsisting condition". You might want to check into that some more. Good luck!!!  Will be praying for you!

Sdale224
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I used Advanced Women's Health in Lake Mary.  They were wonderful and I know they take Medicaid.

CalebsMommy728
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I also go to Advanced Women's in Lake Mary...they are good...don't know about medicaid though! Good luck!

Number1Wifey
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 11:42 AM

The Heart to Heart Birthing Center in Sanford will accept Medicaid. They are awesome!!!! They actually treat you like a person and not just another patient! They take the time to get to know you rather then just rush you! It is a great place. their website is www.h2hbirthcenter.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)