Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about gliders

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 3:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 209 Total Views
i have a couple questions about sugar gliders. i have heard that they are aggressive? is that true. i have kids and dont want them to get hurt by them. alos how hard is it to take care of? im just wondering that way i know what to expect. im sure it cant be as hard as a baby squirrel. at least i hope not anyway. the squirrel is very time consuming. he has to have the right formula, plenty of sunlight,the right temperature, a certain amount of fresh fruits and veggies daily, and thats to just name a few.
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
psychickmama
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM

they need way more than a baby squirrel including right temp lighting are nocturnal marsupials(unlike squirrels) need50% fresh fruit veggies 50%protein and live mealworms daily they need a partner and a minimum of 5 hours of your attention a day ,access to an exotic vet, and a 2to 1 calcium to phosphorous ratio to avoid hind leg paralysis a cagea bare minim,um of 36 inches tall with bars no more than 1/2 inch apart and they are not pets for childrenthey become bonded 2 one person through an extensive bonding process and will crab at lunge  and bite strangers or people who frighten them..

they take  lotsof work and live 10 to 15 years so they are a long term commitment ..if they don't receive enough attention they can becoe very depressed and self mutilate..please be very educated before getting an exotic animal also be careful and never buy from  perfectpocketpets

for more info go to www.glidercentral.net

megancaleca
by on Jun. 1, 2008 at 9:55 AM
Why do you recomend NOT buying from perfectpocketpets?? we just got ours yesterday and thats who we bought ours from. i just want to make sure we do everything we can to take care of our newest family member
Quoting psychickmama:

they need way more than a baby squirrel including right temp lighting are nocturnal marsupials(unlike squirrels) need50% fresh fruit veggies 50%protein and live mealworms daily they need a partner and a minimum of 5 hours of your attention a day ,access to an exotic vet, and a 2to 1 calcium to phosphorous ratio to avoid hind leg paralysis a cagea bare minim,um of 36 inches tall with bars no more than 1/2 inch apart and they are not pets for childrenthey become bonded 2 one person through an extensive bonding process and will crab at lunge  and bite strangers or people who frighten them..

they take  lotsof work and live 10 to 15 years so they are a long term commitment ..if they don't receive enough attention they can becoe very depressed and self mutilate..please be very educated before getting an exotic animal also be careful and never buy from  perfectpocketpets

for more info go to www.glidercentral.net

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN