Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Frustrated

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:47 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 376 Total Views
Hey everyone. I have been waiting on child support from my ex husband since March of this year. He is currently $568 behind. This isn't the first time or the last time he has been behind. He went two years without paying anything. The DHS office has been trying to keep up with where he is working, and I have been doing some investigation on my own. I found out where is was working and then one of my resources called Monday and told me that he hasn't been seeing his vehicle at the job site. So once again he has ditched his job because we found out where he was employed. I don't understand how many times a dead beat sperm donor can ditch his child support without something being done. My case worker told me that he would be receiving a letter about his license being revoked. This would be the second time of them being revoked.  It took a little while for them to send the letter because I had to do some asking around and digging on the internet to find his current address. The sad thing is that he lives 16 miles from me.  His parents say they don't know how to get in touch with him either. Ever since he moved in with his girlfriend, his hasn't had much to do with them either. He doesn't see my son on his visitation weekends or weeks. My son stays with his grandparents. My son asked me to contact him and ask if my new husband could adopt him. Of course he threw a fit and said no. I even tried to tell him he wouldn't have to pay child support anymore and my son would still have the same visitation. He still refused.  I don't know what to do anymore. My husband and I have been doing just fine with all that my son needs, but he recently made the Allstar baseball team for the first year. His uniform itself costed $112. I couldn't really afford the entire thing, but we let some bills slip so we could get it. I couldn't get in touch with the donor to try and see if he could pay half. I am ready to go back to court and have something done, but once again I can't afford it.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Melissa
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Amnicole2007
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2007 at 10:31 PM
I understand where you are coming from. I am kinda in the same situation with my ex husband but he never see's his children. Does he see your kids?
Am
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)