Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Here

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:01 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 346 Total Views

My name is Megan. I recently was pregnant with fraternal twins, a boy and a girl. At 6 months, went into premature labor and delivered them and tragically they didnt survive. I saw that a lot of you have children with Turner Syndrome, that are living normal and active lives. Well the Autopsy results on our baby girl Lillian showed Turner Syndrome, she was stillborn. They believe this is what caused premature labor and everything else to go wrong with the pregnancy. However, we didnt even know anything was wrong with her until I did go into labor nothing had happened or occured on any ultrasounds or tests.  Her brother Landon had no other defects and just his lung development was poor, he was born alive an lived for almost 2 hours. I joined the group to meet people whose lives have changed due to turner syndrome, my life has drastically changed. Also, to learn more about it.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
deltabwa
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Hi.  I'm so very very sorry for your loss!  How heartbreaking!  I can't help you as my daughter survived and that is completely different from what you are having to deal with.  I wonder if you could find a support group with TS losses.  I'm sorry I can't help, I can't imagine the pain you are going through!

GinaMac1
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Hello Megan.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine.  I was scared my entire pregnancy.  Every day there was something new to worry about.  My B / G Twins are now 2 years old.  I feel very blessed to have made it through the entire pregnancy and for them to be doing so well.  It has been a tough road, I didn't know if I would ever be able to take them home.  During my pregnancy I was told  my daughter had a 1 in 3 chance of having Down's Syndrome.  I opted for no further testing as not to add to the possibilities of miscarriage.  My DD was not growing and her umbilical cord had a flow problem so they induced at 34 weeks.  My DD was diagnosed with Turner's Syndrome shortly after birth.  This chromosomal abnormality affected her umbilical cord too that is why she had the issues.  I had ultrasounds every day and they never saw anything wrong with my son's lungs.  Shortly after birth he had to be put on many machines and his lung collapsed.  He contracted Group B Strep in the hospital and they were testing him for so many things as they couldn't figure out why his lungs were not functioning.  He even had to have a spinal tap.  It wasn't until a couple weeks later they found he had a late onset diaphragmatic hernia which caused his intestines to start moving through the hole into his lungs.  He had emergency surgery that saved his life.  But since it was late onset, they never saw the hole or the movement of the intestines until after some time.  It was a miracle that he survived long enough for them to find it.  All my friends had such great pregnancies, I didn't imagine so many things could go wrong.  Again I am very sorry for your losses.  I prayed and prayed and asked God to heal my babies and help me to be strong to make it through, but if there were too many things wrong and they wouldn't be able to handle the pain, I asked that he take them to heaven.  My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)