Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making Money With Horses

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 10:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 335 Total Views

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't make any money in horses!  I am living proof that horses can be a hobby as well as a source of income.  I have made thousands of dollars "playing" with my beloved horses.  I invite you to share with us all your success stories and about how you make/or made money in the horse industry!

by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
spitfire06
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 12:29 AM
:D i hoep i can do it!. haha but im not even started. So far im just trying to get my name passed around out there. and Minnesota is gay . I had the best people to be working for and then they had to let me go due to a law taht said if i got hurt they'd be responsible or whatever.
duv66
by Member on Sep. 11, 2007 at 3:41 PM
I have made decent money in the past training horses for people but that was at their farms but I'm remodeling my horse barn to accomadate more horses.  It use to be an old dairy barn.  The worse deal I ever got caught up in was a deal where I would get a percentage paid to me after the horses were sold, well I trained the horse for 4 months and all I seen was a $250 advancement and a English outfit and I don't even ride English.  I also worked at a Throuoghbred farm in Frankfort and the pay was really lowsey.  The best way to make money is to train out of your own place I believe.
coolgal75_98
by on Sep. 11, 2007 at 3:44 PM
I have one Tn walking horse and he is sooo sweet!! My husband and I hope to start our own horse boarding facility when we move back to TN.  (He is a US Marine and we live in CA). 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Right now he hates paying boarding fees every month!! Especially since I am pregnant and not able to see my horse due to health problems!!
cwgrlmom
by on Dec. 7, 2007 at 3:45 PM
I run EE Stables in Willow Springs, NC.  We have 4 lesson horses and most are our personal horses as well. We have about 25 students in our program and it continues to grow.  We do birthday parties, pony rides, trail rides, summer camps and lessons.  This is the first year we have even gotten close to breaking even.  Next year will be even better.
jlail
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2007 at 10:50 AM

I became a Certified Equine Sports Massage Therapist (ESMT)last November and I love it. I can't say that I am making millions but the thought of alternative medicine for horses is coming around. My best advice is after an extensive workout OR being cooped up in a stall all winter, wouldn't you want to be pampered? and to those that understand, preventative maintenance works wonders!

gr8horses.com
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2008 at 7:45 AM
We have a company called Myrtlewood Stables. We sell realistic looking plush horses which are poseable . We even plan on making custom horses in the near future. Just send a picture of your horse! There are definitely many  ways to make money with horses!

Check us out at: gr8horses.com  and let me know what you think.
JCOGER
by on Jul. 5, 2008 at 11:41 PM
how do you go about that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)