Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Problem

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:37 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 400 Total Views
My husband and I have 2 year old twin boys.  Right now they are sleeping in cribs.  WELLLLLL, Tommy our 'oldest' has now mastered the art of getting out of his crib and climbing into this brother's.  Better still he is getting out and coming into our room.  We've tried the gate.  He actually pulls himself up and over.  We tried closing the door, but he scream his lungs aout and keeps waking his brother up. 
My husband wants to get them toddler beds - but then they'll NEVER go to sleep.  They'll keep playing!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Nancyl2999
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:01 PM
Wow that's a tough one!  My daughter turned 2 in December and she hasn't even tried to get out of her crib, she actually cries to get into it, lol.  I've been wanting to put her in a toddler bed, but figured she's not ready yet.   I can't imagine having to get 2-2 year olds to bed in  toddler beds!  Good Luck with that and keep us posted!!   Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Nancy
madmickeelmom
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 1:01 PM
I guess I am the opposite. My kids were out of cribs before they were 1. I had them in toddler beds. They stayed in. I guess because they were in beds early on they never tried to get out.   I would recommend putting them in toddler beds. I mean sooner or later they need to get out. I would keep reminding him that he is in a big boy bed  when people are sleeping he needs to be quiet. Maybe set up a toy box *put out when he is asleep* and call it the wake up box. Maybe that will teach him to play quietly while others are playing.

If it is at night then I would just put him back in bed. Don't interact. Just keep putting him back in bed. If it takes 1 hour it will benefit both of you *actually all of you* in the end. Just keep repeating. DON'T INTERACT. The first time he gets out of crib say Bed time good night. The second time say good night, 3rd time and on no interaction.  That works too.

sarah
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)