Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our 3 yr old preschool goals for 2010-2011 school year

Posted by   + Show Post

Math and Art:

Drawing shapes (currently can draw circles, recognize all shape)

Begin to color in lines (somewhat)

Play memory

Counting amounts (how many pigs are in the picture, etc)

Comparisons (bigger, smaller, longer, shorter, fast, slow, loud, soft)

Music time with mommy (asher "plays" his guitar or drums or recorder while i sing)

Reading, writing, spelling:

Letter tracing

Typing own name on computer with mom's help

Working on more phonics sounds (st, sh, ng, etc)

Geography:

Work on learning states on US map (currently knows IL, TX, NV, CA, and SK in Canada)

Science:

Working through the Flip Flap Body Book

Gardening, learning about how plants grow (need water, sunlight, etc)

Cooking (helping me bake, cook, how hot and cold change things)

Bible:

Read children's Bible story every day

Learn fruit of the Spirit (currently have done lessons on love, joy, and peace...)

Celebrate Biblical Holidays

Start learning 10 Commandments

by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Replies (11-12):
proverbs2410
by Member on Jul. 19, 2010 at 4:39 AM
Awesome! I love it. I plan to do something similar for my DS. He will be 4 yrs old when we begin a semi-structured learning atmosphere. It's always been random rather than structured home schooling. This year we will officially homeschool (I recently made this decision... I've been back and fourth a lot with it) with some sort of structure to it. =) My DS will be going to preschool, but it's only 3 hrs a day. Pretty much him getting into the teacher/student roll and being able to inact with children his age on a daily basis. Those things are important to me, as he will not be homeschooled all of his school years. I plan to send him to regular school, and work with him at home in addition. Especially since I want to include bible scripture and lessons into his learning, and public schools don't do that. Anywho, I am super excited!!! My DS LOVES to learn new things. He's like a sponge! He soaks up knowledge quickly and is eager to learn more. I am pregnant right now, so him going to preschool even if it is only 3 hrs a day will help while I'm getting into the grove of being mommy to a newborn again, and managing 2 children now vs me having only 1 for 4 yrs. =P
MizSaydee
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM
I wish my son was receptive to school. He has his dads attitude about EVERYTHING which doesn't help me out much. :) I tried to do a structure for him (he's 3 1/2, started homeschooling 1 year ago) and we've been both finding out own niche. He's a very visual learner, so he doesn't like to write or even color. He likes to see things in front of him, such has flash cards or playing games on the computer. Thank you for posting this because this helps me in my quest to homeschool my child. I haven't taught him the US map yet, and that is something I'm going to incorporate this summer along with gardening :) Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)