Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adorable Baby Chick Kids Craft - Easter & Spring Crafts for Kids

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 7:56 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 3728 Total Views

Paper Bowl Chickadee
Spring & Easter Kids Crafts for all abilities!   
for Ages 3 Years and Up    
Supplies Needed:
  • Yellow Paint
  • White Glue
  • Pink Foam "paper" or Pink Construction Paper
  • Yellow Foam "paper" or Yellow Construction Paper
  • 7-10 Yellow Pom Poms
  • Orange Foam "paper" or Orange Construction Paper
  • 2 Googly Eyes
  • Paper Bowl
  • 1 Foam Paint Brush
  • 1 Craft Bowl (for paint)
  • Newspaper To Keep The Work Area Clean
Time Needed:  
  • 15-20 Minutes plus drying time
What To Do:
CAUTION: An adult should do any foam cutting as child safe scissors will not work on the foam. If you are using construction paper instead of foam, your child can do the cutting.
  1. Pour some yellow paint into a craft bowl and paint yellow the entire front of your paper bowl.
  2. Let dry completely.
  3. From your yellow foam or paper cut out the chick's hair (2 uneven bumps) and glue to underside of paper plate with white glue.
  4. Add glue to front side of chick's hair and fill with yellow pom poms.
  5. Use white glue to add googly eyes.
  6. From orange foam or paper cut a triangle and paste it as the chick's beak.
  7. Cut out 2 small ovals from the pink foam or construction paper for your chick's rosy cheeks and glue onto faceoval.

8. Cut out your chick's feet from pink foam or construction paper and glue to bottom/front of chick.

9. From the pink foam or construction paper also cut out a bow shape and glue to your chick's head.

10. Let dry completely.
  11. ENJOY! You're done! Show it off by hanging your 3D masterpiece on the wall, or stand it up on a shelf!
  12. Don't Forget to Take a photo and share it with us! You are automatically entered into our WEEKLY GIVEAWAY on our Facebook Page when you post a photo of your finished project and "Like" Us ! Giveaway is randomly selected.

Why We Love Crafts for Kids:
Art develops creative thinking, provides means of communication and self expression, increases self understanding, strengthens self concepts and confidence, serves as an emotional release, provides decision-making opportunities, develops appreciation for the individuality of others, aids physical coordination, develops work habits and a sense of responsibility, heightens aesthetic awareness and sensitivity, and generates joy!

For Children with Special Needs: 
Assist your child as much as needed - but allow it to be his project.  Art projects are great for fine motor exercise, and using creativity.

If you child has a limited attention span, have all supplies ready before having him begin the project.

This opportunity for hands-on learning with no wrong choices is ideal to foster self esteem as well.

Substitute any listed supplies for supplies that your child enjoys working with.

For Older Children: An older child can further enjoy this project by doing his own scissor work.

A fun BOOK to read in conjunction with this craft is "Fox in Stocks" By Dr. Suess. Take it slowly. This book is dangerous!" the first page cautions. As with all Dr. Seuss books, you can expect bright, playful drawings and wonderful rhymes, but don't take the book's warning lightly -- this one is jam-packed with tongue-twisters! If you can through it without stuttering and stumbling you're better than me! Lots of fun and laughs for little ones...and chicks are in there too!

SING "I'm a Little Chickie"
(sung to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")
I'm a little chickie, (crouch down) 
Ready to hatch
Pecking at my shell (make a pecking motion)
Scratch, scratch, scratch (make cat like scratching motion)
When I crack it open,
Out I'll jump (jump upl)
Fluff my feathers, 
chirp, chirp, chirp (pretend to ruffle feathers)

Sincerely,
Linda R.
Mom of Preschool Twins (b/g)
Project: 300 Crafts for Kids in 2011
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN