Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS WEEKS THEME

Posted by on May. 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1464 Total Views

Ok there are some questions after last weeks post. Essentially there is one theme of the week - usually a letter or number. Then we'll have some suggestions for including the theme. You can choose to do one or all or none. Our HS is really science based, we also always include an animal. ((which is why last weeks post had both)). SO feel free to think ouside of the box, these are just suggestions!

THEME OF THE WEEK - The Letter W

suggested ways of including the theme....

Science - the Water Cycle, WaterThe Weather, Water 2

Math - Whole Numbers

History - Wild West

Book - Where The Wild Things Are

Songs - Weather 

Craft - Clouds

by on May. 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JadensMommy820
by Admin on May. 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM

This one seems much more "theme-y" hehehe. And I love science-based. I'm gonna add whales for the animal =) Lets see what we can do this week!!!

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM

We did a couple of great weather worksheets from teachervision.fen.com and we discussed the water cycle. We also had a "W" word day, where we tried to use words that started with the letter W, my youngest won - with 12 words!

kokyuhomama
by New Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Wow!  I'm reading this a year later!  Did you continue on with this idea or move onto something else?  I have a creative four year old son, and I appreciate this post because it could be very helpful in the future.  Thank you.

KickButtMama
by G.O. Shannon on May. 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Quoting kokyuhomama:

Wow!  I'm reading this a year later!  Did you continue on with this idea or move onto something else?  I have a creative four year old son, and I appreciate this post because it could be very helpful in the future.  Thank you.

We didn't get much response/feedback from members. So we discontinued. :(

Need a great Latin Curriculum for grades K-7? Check out LATIN FRUCTUS!

Home Educators Toolbox / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks

Albert Einstein --
"It is, in fact nothing short a miracle that modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom."
"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid."

metooo
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Themes are FUN!!! :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)