Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any homeschooling groups for preschool?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 644 Total Views

Hello! We just moved to NJ from Michigan and I'm having a very hard time finding a preschool for my daughter. She just turned four and I'm looking for something in the fall. I've talked to around twenty places and haven't found one that I really feel comfortable with yet. I'm thinking about homeschooling but would like to find other moms and kids to join us because I want my daughter to get the important time with other kids! Is there anyone else that does this? Or any advice for me?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
P.N._Guin
by Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Check places like Yahoo Groups, Meetup, and G+ for a local homeschool coop. I know ours welcomes preschool age children.

Classroom socialization is not "normal". The wonderful thing about coops is that children from all ages have to opportunity to learn from each other!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahsmommy1008
by Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:14 AM

That would be my suggestion as well.  We just joined a homeschool co-op that includes preschool (for the siblings of those children that are in school).  She is learning Arts & Crafts, Bible, Music and more importantly social interaction, following directions, etc.  While I am learning from the other mommy/teachers.  We found it advertised in a Yahoo group set up for homeschoolers in our county.

Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I haven't tried joining a co op yet. We just do playdates and such right now. We spend a lot of time at children's museums and other fun places. She's also in a dance class once a week. I do want to join a co op later, but this is working for us for now. My future children will probably get more co op time at this age since we'll already be involved with one for DD. I know there are plenty that accept younger kids because of just that. Most homeschooling families will have children of all ages.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)