Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Science!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 613 Total Views

I have always liked Science the least of all subjects.  I want to do fun Science stuff with my kiddos though and for them to have a chance to love Science.  I am wondering what others do to teach Science.  I know there are different curriculums and of course I can just do random things, but wanted others input.  If I don't have a pretty good plan then I know I won't really do it since I don't really like it.

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BramblePatch
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM
We use Oak Meadow K for my pre-k and the science is nature based. We love it! In general, I think nature study (ala charlotte mason or waldorf ) is the best science for littles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metooo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Science is fun! In the preschool years it's all about exploration and observation.  We take nature walks, observe seasons, sprout seeds or bulbs, work in the garden, hunt for critters, observe birds and animals, collect things we find outside, do many sensory activities, cook/bake, read nonfiction......

kquad
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM

My favorite is Chemistry...  I love doing the Baking Soda and Vinegar example - with a soda bottle filled with vinegar and a balloon filled with Baking Soda - then put the balloon on top and tip it in.  I volunteer at a local science museum and we have lots of great examples that can be done like that....  Of course I also have the book Potentially catastrophic science.... :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN