Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New at this. I could really use some adivce & tips!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

My DD will be 4 next month. I would like to start teaching her some things since she's not in school yet & she's so bright already. I would really like to concentrate on letters & #s, but I'm open to anything else anyone suggests I might be able to teach her. Where do I start, what do I do? Any techniques? Any good advice or websites I should know of?

Also, My DS is 22 mons. I'd love to start teaching him some too. What can I teach him & how can I keep his attention? He's only got about a 2 second attention span lol. Thanks!

busy momCrystal  margarita time
*Single, working, loving mom to Madison - 3 1/2 & Danny - 19mons

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
char-n-rys-mom
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 3:29 PM

letteroftheweek.com  is a great free ciriculum, easy to use and my daughters love it. 

I also have a dry erase board for them to practice writting there names and abc's. I also laminated a few sheets that had pratice lines to use with a dry erase marker, and I also laminated a sheet with the alphabet so they can trace the letters to learn them, and a sheet with there Full name to practice tracing.  I ordered a few Everything Preschool work books for them and More Everything preschool there are some great worksheets and you can get the books on ebay pretty cheap, I think I spent 3-4 a book and they retail for 8 at walmart. If you have any other ?'s feel free to ask!!!

Mommy of two lil' princesses, Charleigh Renee-2 & Rylee-Anne Jael-1!

in lovetoddler girlbaby girl

padavali
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM

We are starting Letter of the week next week:)  I can't wait!

Thanks for the good ideas Char-m-rys-mom!  I love the idea of laminating names, the ABC's etc so she can just trace and erase!

Quoting char-n-rys-mom:

letteroftheweek.com  is a great free ciriculum, easy to use and my daughters love it. 

I also have a dry erase board for them to practice writting there names and abc's. I also laminated a few sheets that had pratice lines to use with a dry erase marker, and I also laminated a sheet with the alphabet so they can trace the letters to learn them, and a sheet with there Full name to practice tracing.  I ordered a few Everything Preschool work books for them and More Everything preschool there are some great worksheets and you can get the books on ebay pretty cheap, I think I spent 3-4 a book and they retail for 8 at walmart. If you have any other ?'s feel free to ask!!!

MamaBuggy
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:13 PM

www.starfall.com is great for letter recognition and sounds. You can print simple worksheets that you pick out based on what you want to teach and think your child needs to learn, etc.. allll over the web. Some of my faves are www.first-school.ws and www.tlsbooks.com You can find stuff for your 22 m.o. as well at these sites, and he will love starfall.  

Custom hair bows, headbands, tutus & more!
                          www.LittleWondersBoutique.com

char-n-rys-mom
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Oh yea!  I'm all about saving my self time, money and paper! lol Glad you liked the Ideas!!!

wearing crown

Quoting padavali:

We are starting Letter of the week next week:)  I can't wait!

Thanks for the good ideas Char-m-rys-mom!  I love the idea of laminating names, the ABC's etc so she can just trace and erase!

Quoting char-n-rys-mom:

Mommy of two lil' princesses, Charleigh Renee-2 & Rylee-Anne Jael-1!

in lovetoddler girlbaby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)