Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sitter Help

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 11:44 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding an occasional sitter.  I do not go out very often, but need to find someone in case I do and my parents are unavailable.

I know very few people in the area, and have left my daughter (8 years old) with very few people.  I tried sittercity.com, but all the sitters there want $10-20/hour.  It is nuts.  I am a single mom and can't afford those rates, especially when they are asking for more than I make an hour....lol.

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Susan221
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 11:48 AM
I'm in the same boat as you! 
My4boys3469
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:34 PM
Did you try child care of southwest florida? They have a entire list based on your needs that they will send you. Thats how I got my daycare. Not sure where you live but in Cape Coral  they have a youth center that trains teenagers so maybe they have a list of kids willing to sit.
mommyMC
by on Aug. 9, 2007 at 7:01 PM
I don't know how comfortable anyone would be this, but I have no problem babysitting free of charge.  I rarely go out (my hubbie works nights) and if I am home anyway I don't mind if you bring your little one over to play with my babies.  The more the merrier.  I have a 4 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy in naples.
mommaof3yearold
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I have a great babysitter who is a college student. She is super experienced and the kids love her!! I actually found her through a friend since I just moved here a few months ago. She doesn't charge a lot and is great with the kids. Let me know if you would be interested and I could talk to her about giving you her info!

Danielle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)