Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What elementary school is best?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:34 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

If you've already read some of my previous posts, I apologize.  I just want to ask the people who live here in Cape Coral since I figure you know better then anyone.  Ok so I'm planning a move date around late spring.  I'm looking at houses over the internet and seeing which schools my kids would attend.  I'm mostly seeing Patriot and Skyline.  Do you know what these schools are like?  Are they good, bad, ok?  I've looked up (or tried to look up) info on greatschools.net but they don't seem to have a lot on these, only Diplomat which looks like that's in a more expansive area.  Anyway my kids will be in kindergarten, 1st and 4th grade in the fall and I want to make sure I'm moving where the school is good.  Thanks for all your help moms!

P.S. I'm moving from Missouri so I can't go to these schools myself to take a tour.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
craftykidsclub
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:18 AM

My daughter goes to Patriot, and I love it.  Its a great school.  I have not found any Elementary school in the Cape I haven't liked yet.  The Diplomat area is nice as well.  Just so you know while you are looking for both houses and schools, we have school choice out here.  Just because you live near a school doesn't mean that is where your children will go.  You will need to fill out an application at school choice and list the schools in the order you want your children to go to.  They will input your info into the computer and the computer will find a school with openings for both your children starting with your first school on down until a match is found.  Here is the website so you can get more info and also look at all the schools in the cape.  http://www.leeschools.net/home.asp

Hope this helps.  Let me know if I can help in any other way.

tommykitty
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 6:51 AM

I live in cape coral. My boys go to N. Ft. Mers Academy For The Arts. I couldn't ask for a better school. It is uniforms. It's K-8. These people are so caring and understanding. They'll help you out any which way they can. My boys are special needs. But any child can go here. I hope this helps. Kimberly

amanda357
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Thanks mommas.  I will look up more info and research!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)