Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your workout schedule?

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:17 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 241 Total Views
I will be quitting work in three weeks, and I need to get on a workout schdule.  I am just curious to know when other people go.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lapin8r
by Member on May. 4, 2007 at 11:41 AM
I'm a junky. I'm at the gym usually Mon-Fri mornings. Right now I have a personal trainer for 1 hour mon-wed-fri. and I throw in cardio every chance I get....usually a spin class or I ride my bike outside...
It helps that my kids are teens and can take care of themselves and that the gym is 1.3 miles from my house...
I'm spoiled......Cool
Brady91006
by New Member on May. 4, 2007 at 11:44 AM
I go usually 4 times M-F when my hubby gets home aorugo at lend 6ish. I also try to go at least one day over the weekend, and now that it's getting nice outside, I've been walking the track,stairs,lunges on Sundays. During the week, I only go for aout an hr-so I'm home to get BRady ready for bed.

Once he can walk, I can bring him to the day-care at the gym and get back into my normal routine.

Also, several days during the week while he is napping, I'll lift free weights here.
Joules
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2007 at 11:48 AM
Hello!

Since I teach 10 classes a week, I'm not a great example of what a healthy workout schedule should be! However, I would recommend a schedule of at least 5 days a week. Alternating between  2 weight days and 3 cardio days is an easy way to do it. For example, you could do cardio M,W,F and weights on Tues/Thurs. If you have time on week-ends, do something that gets you moving, whether it's a fun group exercise class or, now that the weather is getting nicer, a brisk walk or hike. That way, Monday's won't feel like such a difficult transistion.  
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)