Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Are Overlooked and Love146

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 585 Total Views

So tonight I received a notice online from We Are Overlooked. It's this great organization I stumbled across somewhere. They make TShirts to sell in order to fund different things. A shirt purchase will feed a child, or give them a water purifier, or a mosquito net, or something.. They added a new shirt to their lineup and it made me want to cry just reading it. The front says "because some things are never meant to be caged" and it has a drawing of a child in a cage.  On the back it says that "Two children per minute are trafficked for sexual exploitation. The purchase of this shirt aids in prevention and aftercare. WeAreOverlooked.com" I read that and I wanted to cry. I went to the website that they said sales of this shirt supports. I watched their videos and I thought of my daughter Sheridan and I wanted to cry. Actually I did cry a little. It's just so awful to me that these things happen, and I feel like I can't do anything about it. So when I get paid I'm going to buy a shirt and I'm going to send money to love146. I'm going to buy the shirt so that maybe when it is worn someone will ask about it and maybe someone else will do something. Because even that little bit is more than what I was doing yesterday.

If any of you are interested in finding out more, here are the websites.

http://www.weareoverlooked.com/

http://www.love146.org/

Love146 is a registered charity with the better business bureau, and I just can't Not pass this information along to you ladies.

Kandace

(Also posted in Midohio valley mammas)

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)