Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quarter black baby boy

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2008 at 8:07 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 28529 Total Views

this is what me and my husband look like.

and this is what the baby looks like now, at 2 and a half months old.

daddy was pretty pale when he was born, and by the time he was three months, he had started to darken up a little bit and looked somewhat hispanic.

but as an adult, there is no mistaking that he is half black.

i'm wondering from other people's expierience, do quarter black babies usually have brown skin and curly hair? or do you think he will just look white with dark hair and brown eyes. he clearly has some black facial features, but he seems really pale to me and i'm not sure if he will ever start to tan.

by on Nov. 13, 2008 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MDWrestlingMom
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I wish I was at home to post pictures of my half black babies at birth to 6 months. They were very light skinned. My 5 yr old still is! It really depends on how strong your hubby's DNA is. I have 1 darker than the other and they are both by the same Dad. But most biracial babies do not have their true color till they are at least 2 yrs old.

calkin2003
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2008 at 8:31 PM

when my first child was born, she had curly hair like her dad, but was very peachy at birth, but darkened up when turned 2, now my son when he was born, he was darker but had straight hair, both of my ids are half black

XHANNAHX
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 1:30 PM

My 2 youngest children are. My Husband is German and Black and I am white. My 2 y/o has the same complexion as me but his facial features are more from his Dad. He has blue eyes and straight light brown hair though. My Daughter who is 2 months is a little darker then my son. She has hazel eyes and so far straight hair (unless I wet it). It really doesn't matter to me because every child is different and every time one gene can be stronger then the other. Your child can be really dark or very light. It all depends. My 2 step kids are the same way. My step son favors the Mom (who is white) and my step daughter favors my Husband. My 2 kids look JUST LIKE them too.....its weird!

This was before we cut "that mop" off his head...lol! Everyone always thought he was a girl. He was born with a head full of hair.

After we cut his hair. This was at about 18 months.

now at 2 1/2..........

Here is DD

If I brush her hair it goes straight............

jessicamomof1
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2008 at 1:38 PM

i have a 2 year old and a 4 month old my lil boy showd his color around 4 monthes my lil girl still looks white i think it just depends he looks pretty dark in the pic though but he might darken my lil boys hair is very curly my lil curls is wavy

Trozchick
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Thats me and Caidan when he was 2 mths and then him when hes 5 mths.. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. His dad is 1/2 black 1/2 irish. About the same color as your husband with green eyes. I'm blonde with green eyes.. I guess its just all about genes and what comes from where...It looks like I made Caidan all by myself!!!

MikkiD85
by on Feb. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I wish I had pictures of my neice right now. She is a quarter black, and she is darker than both of my daughters who are 1/2 black and 1/2 white. Her hair is almost completely black with dark brown eyes.

FieriMadre
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I will be having a quarter black baby in June! The father and I have almost the exact same skin tones as the couple who posted this thread originally. I'm so excited to see what he or she is going to look like. :)

CafeMom Tickers
JacyB
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I'm just as light as you and her dad is darker than your husband (her dad is 1/2 and 1/2)

She has blue eyes :D

honeyb690
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:19 PM

i am white and husband black welll his mom id mixed so i think hes like a quarter white and my baby is blonde hair blue eyes and she is just now starting to get dark but this pic is old she a lil over one here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B3ASTY
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I'm half white, half mixed (Black Chinese)  basically quarter black. I have olive to medium tan skin, soft thick-straight hair and exotic features. But no strong black features. My Husband is white, so my daughter looks completely white. 

The mixed parents in question, reguardless if their half or quarter black...it they have black features. Yes, the child will come out looking "black". No matter how fair their skin is or how green\blue\hazel the eyes or how light the hair color. This is true most of the time. But sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)