Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

O..M..G!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 314 Total Views
Okay I'm new here but I'm gonna jump right in! :) I wrote a journal entry about this but here's the Cliff's Notes version!!

I have been dreaming of being a surrogate for about 3 years now. A lot of obstacles have come against me. Finally I got matched with some IPs (through an agency) this past month. They want to start the ED cycle on June 3rd or July 3rd, depending on  how quickly we can get things done. The lady that runs the agency also wants me to do an ED for her shortly after I complete this one.

The GOOD news is.. she said that there is a couple from Australia looking for a TS.. and I might be a good match for them!!! I can't express the !!! enough. I have been praying to be sent to Australia for YEARS.. before the surrogacy thing came to light and everything. I was asked if money wasn't an issue what ONE place would I go.. I picked Australia. When I first started looking into surrogacy, I tried to find IPs from Australia but had no luck without the help of an agency. I know that it's WAY too early to get excited about this.. but Australia has been a dream of mine since I can remember and I just had to share the great news!! :) :) :) : )
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MsTexUSMC
by on May. 8, 2007 at 1:56 PM
That is totally awesome!! I hope things work out for you and being able to continue the journey!  I'd Love to go there too....My husband always tells me that if he could take me anywhere...that's the  place he wants me to see.

Congrats!
dreadavis2001
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 2:15 PM
OK, I might get backlash because of this, but have you really thought about surrogacy enough to know if you want to be a Traditional Surro or a GS?  You have to be prepared to have YOUR child and then give it up for adoption.  And if it's for IP's in Austrailia, are you going to want to have contact with this baby afterwards? 

The reason I ask this is because recently I have had a couple of friends who were TS's and they are BOTH devastated that they aren't in their child's life.  They feel like they've done a horrible mistake.  Just something to think about.

I feel you are VERY brave to even think about TS.  I couldn't do it because I wouldn't be able to let my emotions sway from that child being "mine".  With GS....I have no if's ands or buts, this kid isn't mine.
Sadie85
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 7:09 PM
I think, either way, I will think of the kid as a PART of me.. but not as mine. Whether it's got my genetic makeup or not, he/she/they grew in MY womb for nine whole months. So I won't ever forget that baby/babies no matter what. I plan on having contact afterwards, as they want a sibling project. I am getting ready to do an egg donation, and it might not work with the timeline they are wanting to work on.. so the surrogacy probably won't work out with us. But either way I plan on doing a surrogacy in the future. TS or GS .. doesn't really matter to me. :)
Chrsandbethsmom
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2007 at 8:10 PM
Welcome!
I sure hope things work out for you, whether it's just ED or being a surro as well :)

It takes a special women to be surrogate, but in my opinion a REALLY special women to be a TS :)

I'm not personally comfortable with TS because my DH protests but if that is what you choose then go for it!
Make sure you have a great support system though, surrogacy (TS and GS) can be a tough road.

Keep us updated :)
~Kristen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)